I've Got Worms!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've Got Worms!

"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game" - Dennis Keith Rodman

There's the saying... "we're all unique in our own special way". Well Dennis Rodman took this to the next level and beyond. Whether you're fifteen years old or fifty... if you're reading this blog... then you're probably a sports enthusiast who has either witnessed Mr. Rodman "on the court", "off the court", or hopefully both.

Last night, he was honored for his basketball accomplishments by being inducted into The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. While a lot of NBA superstars are recognized for their offensive skills, The Worm is known for his defense and rebounding abilities.

Here are just a few of his basketball achievements from his 14 year career:

5x NBA Champion
    2x NBA All-Star
    2x NBA Defensive Player of the Year
    7x NBA All-Defensive First Team
    4x NBA Rebound Leader
    4,329 Career Offensive Rebounds (4th All-Time in NBA)
    7,625 Career Defensive Rebounds (16th All-Time in NBA)
    11,954 Career Rebounds (22nd All-Time in NBA)

I'll admit... I wasn't really a Rodman fan until he joined the Los Angeles Lakers in 1998-99. The fact is... his Detroit Pistons kicked the Lakers' butts to end the 80's and kickoff the 90's... and he didn't become more popular by my standards when went to the Chicago Bulls in the midst of their dynasty.

These days, I look at the big picture and can appreciate everything he's given to his employers, his teammates, and of course his fans. So this post is my tribute to The Worm.

Today... I have two questions for you...

What adjectives would you use to describe The Worm?

&

When you picture The Worm playing basketball, what uniform is he wearing and what color is his hair?

Zany, Athletic, Outlandish, Colorful, Extraordinary, Talented, Arrogant, Eccentric, Confident, and Loud

This is the list of words my friend and I came up with to describe The Worm.

And although I was glad to see him play for the Lakers, I'll always remember him as one of Detroit's Bad Boys... with Isaiah Thomas, Rick Mahorn, John Salley, Vinnie Johnson, Bill Laimbeer, and of course Chuck Daly.

So one more round of applause for Dennis Rodman and the rest of Basketball Hall of Fame's Class of 2011... which includes Chris Mullin, Teresa Edwards, Tara Vanderveer, Arvydas Sabonis, Reece "Goose" Tatum, Artis Gilmore, Tom "Satch" Sanders, Herb Magee, and Tex Winter.

I can't believe my summer is officially over. On Monday, I go back to work... and by next Wednesday... I'll be in front of the room with my new group of seventh graders. So... I'll be enjoying every minute of it. I hope you do too. Stay safe & sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Nice write up! Rodman was not the most talented on the court, but he played the hardest on most nights!

P.S. Enjoy the rest of your summer! My wife is a 8th grade teacher actually, so we are enjoying the next couple weeks before she has to go back too.

Collecting Chicago Bulls, HOF/90's Stars Autographs, 07-08 Stadium Club Super Team #/50
    Click here for Bucket

Comment

whalechaser - thanks for the kind words... sorry it took so long to reply. i keep forgeting that ccw automatically puts my blog posts in their forum, so i sometimes don't get around to reading everyone's comments.

i hope your wife is off to a great start to the 2011/12 school year.
      Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Huh. Didn't know your blog can do that! Pretty neat! School year is great, but she gets so busy, so I end up spending a lot more time organizing my cards and looking at ebay hahaha.. .

Collecting Chicago Bulls, HOF/90's Stars Autographs, 07-08 Stadium Club Super Team #/50
        Click here for Bucket

Comment

I forgot who helped me get it set up... but they used something like an RSS feed (whatever that is). Yeah the beginning and the end of the school year seem to be the busiest... and of course the grading/conference periods. Glad you're able to use the free time to your advantage.

Originally posted by whalechaser View Post
          Huh. Didn't know your blog can do that! Pretty neat! School year is great, but she gets so busy, so I end up spending a lot more time organizing my cards and looking at ebay hahaha.. .

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

That was me who helped you set up your blog's rss feed on here buddy.

Comment

I thought that it was you Kerwin... but I didn't want to offend someone else if it wasn't. Thanks a million buddy. Are you also the person who takes the time to put each blog post into the appropriate forum room? I didn't realize you guys did that until yesterday. That's pretty cool.

Anyways... I appreciate all of the help and support you guys have given me and the blog.

Originally posted by key2win View Post
              That was me who helped you set up your blog's rss feed on here buddy.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

got to love Rodman!!
                My Card set needs can be found under: http://community.cardboardconnection...rs-thread.html
                Cards for trade: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme_trade
                COLLECT: LAKERS AUTOS

Comment

Yep that is me too buddy. LOL!

Comment

Thanks! I appreciate your help. I try my best to plug the CCW Forums every chance I get.

Originally posted by key2win View Post
                    Yep that is me too buddy. LOL!

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X