Michael Jordan RC - real or fake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Jordan RC - real or fake

Hey all, I found this MJ "rookie" card at a swap meet a couple years ago and just ran across it the other day going thru my cards. I remember paying something silly like $1 for it, as it was floating around in a metal tin with other misc. basketball cards. I new right away that this is the holy grail of basketball cards so it caught my attention right away....but also had my doubts..like any of us would. But for a buck, I got it and just forgot about it I guess...not believing it was real anyways.

Well, since I've found this site a few weeks ago and i happen to run across the card again, I thought I'd show it to see what you guys think. I realize the pics are a bit blurry, and I can take better ones if it'll help in determining its authenticity....or maybe one of you can look at it and know right away that its a fake.

Here she is:

So.... real or fake?...........and why?

Thx!

Currently looking for:
    Football: The Gronk!
    Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
    Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
    + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
    Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
    http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Its hard to tell from the scans since it looks fuzzy. But Im guessing it is a fake or a reprint. They had a good article in one of the past Basketball Becketts that highlighted all points you need to look at to spot a fake MJ Fleer RC. Im not sure what issue that was though.

Comment

sadly it's fake

the FLAG on the PREMIER is the wrong color

and the (r) being out of the red is a HUGE give away on the bottom of the copyright (back of card)

Comment

Working...
      X