Sports Card Bust #28 - Adam Morrison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Card Bust #28 - Adam Morrison

It has been over 9 months since my last Sports Card Bust PC Addition, so before I get into Adam Morrison... let me familiarize some of my newer readers on this unique collection.

Two years ago, I was going through my autograph trade bait binder and noticed I had a bunch of cards of guys who were once highly sought, but were now mere afterthoughts. So, I decided since nobody else wanted them... I'd breathe back life into their collectibles. I immediately pulled these autographs from the binder and added them to my collection.

Every now and then, I'll actively search COMC for some cheap Sports Card Busts. But I have a few rules:

Rule #1 - The player must have been drafted with one of the top 5 picks in their league's draft. A top 5 selection is expected to contribute, so there leaves little room for debate as to whether or not the athlete is a bust.

Rule #2 - I will not spend over $3 for an autograph. I originally set the spending limit at $10, but these days you can find autographs of stars for $5. Why should I spend $10 for a bust?

Okay, now that we're all caught up. Let me introduce to you... the 28th addition to my Sports Card Bust PC... Mr. Adam Morrison.

The Oscar Robertson Trophy is awarded annually to the top college basketball player in the country. Michael Jordan, David Robinson, Tim Duncan, Larry Bird, Kevin Durant, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and Pete Maravich have all been recipients of this trophy. And guess what? So has Adam Morrison.

Mr. Morrison had an amazing junior year at Gonzaga when he averaged 28.1 points per game and was the country's leading scorer. These numbers led to him being drafted 3rd overall in the 2006 NBA Draft by the Charlotte Bobcats... and more specifically, their Manager of Basketball Operations... Michael Jordan.

Less than 6 years later, he's out of the NBA. And during his NBA tenure, his numbers were far from impressive:

Seasons Played: 3 seasons
    Games Played: 161 games
    Games Started: 28 games
    Average Points Per Game: 7.5 PPG
    Average Rebounds Per Game: 2.1 RPG
    Career 30 Point Games: 1 game

But things weren't all bad for Mr. Morrison.

He won two NBA titles with the Los Angeles Lakers and earned over $16,000,000 during his NBA career. He's been out of the league since 2010, but was recently playing in Turkey for Be?ikta? Milangaz. Then earlier this month he asked to be released due to lack of playing time.

It's nice to see this guy still wants to play the game.

Happy Monday everyone and enjoy the rest of your week. Sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X