Got Change For A Hundred?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Change For A Hundred?

Ahhh. Football season is finally here. College starts today. The NFL next Thursday. I love this time of year. Once basketball starts, my sports world will be complete.

Of course along with the new sports season comes the new crop of sports cards. There aren't a whole lot of choices for football cards right now, but if you're anything like me and enjoy collecting cards for the fun of it, then there is no better release this year than 2010 Topps Football. Affordable, great design, and great photography. Topps continues to do low end the right way.

The base design is pretty nice. I didn't care for it too much when I first saw it on their baseball cards, but over time it grew on me. I think it looks great here. The photography is great in this set. I don't know who Brandon Pettigrew is pwning, but I'd like to send him this card to get autographed. I think I'm going to start a FAIL collection. Just guys getting posterized. It's going to be great, you'll see.

The inserts are pretty nice, too. I'm a sucker for retro sets, so the '52 Bowman might be my favorite.

I guess there is a variation for these that I don't have. In fact, I don't have any of the SP's in this set at all right now. There are really hard to come by. I'm going to have to update my trade bait to try to get a few of them.

Gridiron lineage is alright. I like the idea of have players from the same team and same position. Makes sense.

This one doesn't make sense. I'm a big Chris Johnson fan and I'm looking forward to watching Best this year, but I don't see the connection. What do you guys think?

Got this one out of a blaster. I'm not really in to the whole manu-patch thing. Especially one of the Bears. Meh.

Nice to see some HOF players in this set. Can't go wrong with a Jim Brown card ever. Here's a confession for you. When I was a kid, I had no idea Jim Brown was a football player. I knew him as Slammer and he was in one of the funniest scenes from any movie, ever.

I'm going for the whole set, SPs, inserts and all. Even a few auto's and relics if I can get them cheaply. I have a hobby box on the way thanks to a contest at the Sports Card Kids, so I'll do my first ever box break for that next week.

I just wanted to share a few cards from a set that I'm really excited about. Auto's and relics are fun to have, but it's not what drives me to collect. I like the simpleness of the base card and when they look nicer than cards that come out of $100 packs, it means someone is doing their job right.

Here's to the new football season and another Patriots Championship!

More...
Working...
X