The Oldest Card I Own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Oldest Card I Own

A card from way back in 1968. Before they were from New England, even. I acquired this fantastically radical piece of history from the Topps Gridiron Giveaway. Through a series of trades that started with a bunch of 80's and '90s junk cards I ended up with my new favorite treasure.

But that's not all. I started with twelve codes that I redeemed last week. All but one were newer than 1980. I now have four cards, but all of them are older than 1980. Woo hoo!

A 1976 Bill Lueck that I got from my man SpastikMooss. I recognized his name in a trade offer, so I took it. He had no idea I owned the card he wanted, it was just coincidence. Or was it? Yes. Yes it was.

Tony McGee form 1978. I enjoy his beard. I'm guessing that Topps had to airbrush the logo off the helmet due to licensing issues?

1979 Steve Zabel. Luxurious mustache. It's a damn shame his facemask is obstructing my view of it. This card was traded to me by Chris from the The Football Card Podcast. He told me he had a Patriot and I told him what I had to offer. It's kind of a pain to trade with people you know on the Giveaway site, but if you coordinate things, you can make it happen.

If you haven't listened to the Football Card Podcast yet, nows the time to do it. I mean, it's football season and all. If anything, head over to the forum there and show of some of the awesome football cards you guys have. I want to see them.

More...
Working...
X