I sure am a LUCKy teacher...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sure am a LUCKy teacher...

The Heisman Trophy is the most prestigious award in college football. Every year, it's given to the top college football player. Nineteen previous winners have gone on to become the #1 pick in the NFL Draft. And eight have made it into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Seven Notre Dame players have won the trophy. Six players have won the trophy for USC and Ohio State.

Reggie Bush won it in 2005 when he played for Southern Cal, but has since had it stripped. And Archie Griffin won it twice as a Buckeye, so technically Ohio State players have won it seven different times.

Unfortunately, Bay Area colleges haven't fared so well. Stanford is the only university in the area to have an athlete win the trophy... and it happened over 40 years ago in 1970.

That year, Jim Plunkett beat out future NFL QB's Joe Theismann, Archie Manning, and Lynn Dickey to win the trophy.

This year, Andrew Luck has the opportunity to do the same. He's currently the top candidate for the award, but so far Stanford has only faced unranked opponents.

Tonight he takes on #25 University of Washington and has the chance to showcase his skills on National TV. Best of luck, Mr. Luck. Go Cardinals!

Today's question...

Do you think Andrew Luck will end up winning the Heisman? If not, who will?

And will he be the top pick in next year's NFL Draft?

August 2011 SI for Kids Poster

Yesterday, one of my students gave me this sweet Andrew Luck poster. It's from the August 2011 issue of Sports Illustrated for Kids and it's presently the only collectible I own of him. But if things go as planned... and Luck wins the Heisman... collectors will soon have a ton of Luck collectibles to choose from.

Well... I'm off to another mall show. This time it's over in San Bruno at the Tanforan Mall... which is a few miles north of San Francisco International Airport. Hopefully, I'll have some stuff to share with you guys in my next post.

Have a good weekend everyone... Sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X