I Caught Two White Whales!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Caught Two White Whales!

Twenty months ago, I started a mission. The mission was to complete the 2008 UD Masterpieces "Captured on Canvas" football set. I was able to acquire most of them through my case break, making trades on sports card forums, and buying them every now and then online. But after a few months into the project, I hit a wall and couldn't find any of these guys: DeMarcus Ware, Tony Romo, Matt Forte, Steven Jackson, Chad Johnson, and Devin Hester.

However, I refused to quit and relentlessly tracked down the remaining six cards, one by one. And earlier this month, I finally found the last two pieces of the puzzle:

I had missed out on the Hester a couple of times, but had never seen the Ocho Cinco and actually started to question its existence. Then last month, I found both of them over at Dave and Adam's Card World for $6.95 and $4.80 respectively.

And now for your view pleasure, I present to you... my 2008 UD Masterpieces "Captured on Canvas" set:

As far as I know, this is a 57 card set, that was initially suppose to be 60 cards. However, I've never seen these three cards:

CC28 Fred Taylor
    CC33 Jeff Garcia
    CC34 Jeremy Shockey

I've seen a couple of Jeff Garcia patch variations, so it's possible that they made patch cards for Taylor and Shockey too. But I've never seen jersey cards for those three guys and Beckett doesn't list them on their checklist, so I assume Upper Deck didn't release them.

What about you?

Do you have any white whales that you're currently chasing?

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

very cool mission. i havent seen those three either, sso probably like the base set(missing cards) they were never made
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
    I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

Yeah... received confirmation on my blog from a Masterpieces Super Collector that they made patch cards of the three, but no jersey cards. Thank goodness... I'm glad the project is finally complete.

Originally posted by fuser View Post
      very cool mission. i havent seen those three either, sso probably like the base set(missing cards) they were never made
      Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X