Stalking Strahan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalking Strahan

What do you do when your best friend is in love with Michael Strahan?You stalk him for her... of course!

Football fans are very familiar with Strahan's HOF numbers and (questionable) single season sack record. However my friend could care less about what he's done on the gridiron. She loves the gapped toothed, teddybear that hangs out with Kelly Ripa.

Which is why, I've been watching Strahan's autographs on eBay for several months now... in hopes of finding some cool cards for her collection.

Last Monday, it finally paid off. A guy listed this 1999 Skybox Autographics autographed card with a BIN price of... wait for it...

$4

Okay... so shipping was $2.25. Still... $6.25 for this card is insane. The guy actually emailed me back to congratulate me for capitalizing on his mistake.

Today's cardboard lesson is... It pays to stalk... I'm mean watch eBay auctions.

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Originally posted by sanjosefuji View Post

What do you do when your best friend is in love with Michael Strahan?You stalk him for her... of course!

Football fans are very familiar with Strahan's HOF numbers and (questionable) single season sack record. However my friend could care less about what he's done on the gridiron. She loves the gapped toothed, teddybear that hangs out with Kelly Ripa.

Which is why, I've been watching Strahan's autographs on eBay for several months now... in hopes of finding some cool cards for her collection.

Last Monday, it finally paid off. A guy listed this 1999 Skybox Autographics autographed card with a BIN price of... wait for it...

$4

Okay... so shipping was $2.25. Still... $6.25 for this card is insane. The guy actually emailed me back to congratulate me for capitalizing on his mistake.

Today's cardboard lesson is... It pays to stalk... I'm mean watch eBay auctions.

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

More...
    WOW! It proves that with patience and perseverance, anyone with a keen eye can make the big purchase! I too had such luck. I wanted a 1991 Topps Stadium Club RC Brett Favre. They are listed on eBay for an average of $40.00. I purchased 2 complete sets for $25.00 free S&H. That's 1000 cards! I also purchased a 2012 SP Authentic complete set for $5.50! Not just 1 set but 2 sets! This was also a free S&H situation! This was for 200 cards.

By the way, I love your closing with SAYONARA! I'm a 4th generation Japanese American from Honolulu, Hawaii. I now reside in Ohio. My children are 5th generation, and I'm expecting a grandchild in 9 mos., this would be the 6th generation for my family!

Ja Mata Ne? (Until next time)
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Congratulations on those awesome purchases. I remember trying to build the 1991 Stadium Club set back in college. I eventually pulled a Favre, but never completed the set.

I'm 3rd generation myself. My parents were born on the islands... but I've lived on the mainland my whole life. As for sayonara... I figured I'd honor my culture in my blog as much as possible.

Thanks for reading my posts.

Originally posted by hayn View Post
      WOW! It proves that with patience and perseverance, anyone with a keen eye can make the big purchase! I too had such luck. I wanted a 1991 Topps Stadium Club RC Brett Favre. They are listed on eBay for an average of $40.00. I purchased 2 complete sets for $25.00 free S&H. That's 1000 cards! I also purchased a 2012 SP Authentic complete set for $5.50! Not just 1 set but 2 sets! This was also a free S&H situation! This was for 200 cards.

By the way, I love your closing with SAYONARA! I'm a 4th generation Japanese American from Honolulu, Hawaii. I now reside in Ohio. My children are 5th generation, and I'm expecting a grandchild in 9 mos., this would be the 6th generation for my family!

Ja Mata Ne? (Until next time)
      Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X