No announcement yet.

finally got my topps prime demaryius thomas auto prime level v relic redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally got my topps prime demaryius thomas auto prime level v relic redemption

and im not super happy ive seen these on ebay numbered from 1/1- like 1/300 the lower the number the cooler mine ended up being /200 all 4 relic peices are jersey and all 4 are 1 color LAME! even the rest of the /200 ive seen are cooler with blue and orange jersey i even saw 1 /200 that had 2 blue chunks 1 orange chunk and 1 football chunk now id have been happy with that.

after waiting since prime first hit shelves im now sorry i bought prime at all ive spent months and months hoping for a low numbered parallel or multi colored or mix of memorabillia and i finally get it and its as plain and stupid and mass produced as possible

TWO THUMBS DOWN AND ONE MIDDLE FINGER UP TOPPS!!!!

heres a picture of my BUST. the only hit i got from prime was to my wallet
    Attached Files

Comment

i didnt have any access to hobby boxes of prime so i bought every blaster box sent to my local wallmart i spent 320$ of 16 blaster boxes and 90$ on jumbo hanger packs and another 30$ on single packs at hastings so 440$ total

i got this crap hit and a lamar miller prime preformance /99 relic that is better than this turned out to be i wont buy prime again hobby or retail

Comment

Sorry that it turned out this way for you. I definitely know how you feel. We've all been through a situation like yours that turned out to be a very disconcerting experience. That is a huge amount of money spent for so little in return. I still do admire your collection that you've shared with CCW members.

Toshi
        I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Oh dear... where to begin...

You are upset that you bought retail versions of a product and didn't get hits? Some products have retail only hits, but hobby versions of a product will always have better overall odds on hits.

You say that you didn't have access to any hobby boxes, yet you are posting on the internet... You have access to the worlds largest card shop. Now if you just didn't want to wait to open some packs, believe me, I get it... but, to say that you didn't have access to hobby boxes just doesn't seem accurate.

After not repeatedly not getting hits, why did you keep spending money on retail products?! I know that the hits aren't the main focus for many collectors, but from the tone of your post, they are important to you. Now, I know that the price of Prime has been reduced, but even at it's highest you could buy 3 hobby boxes (and get 12+ hits) for what you spent on retail product. At it's current eBay pricing, you could get 6-8 hobby boxes (and get 24-32 hits) fairly easily.

I can't tell if you are complaining about the length of time you had to wait for your redemption, the "plainness" of the card, or both. Assuming you got your redemption on the day that Prime was released, you have waited less than 5 months for your redemption. There are people on the forums that have been waiting more than a year, or have had other problems with their cards. As for how plain the card is... well... those are the breaks. You got it out of a retail box, and it is numbered lower than most hits in the hobby are. It stinks that the jersey pieces are all the same color, but that doesn't affect the BV on the card at all, or the trade value. If you are keeping the card, you still have a fairly low numbered jersey auto.

It sucks that your redemption turned out to not be what you expected; I'm sure that many of us on the forums can relate. Best of luck in your future collecting endeavors, and by some freaking hobby boxes!...
          PC'ing Minnesota Twins Auto's and GU's, and popular former Twins in their Twins uniform!

Currently Updating My Bucket: http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/drubacca_117/library/

Comment

i cant buy on ebay i dont have paypal and they wont allow money orders anymore its just a way for them to take more fees

i dont use banks and i will never have a bank account i deal with cash only or money orders can you tell me of anywhere that takes money orders for hobby boxes? i dont use or own any credit cards either.

and the closest hobby shop is 4 hours away so im forced to buy tons of retail for a few hits.

and relics/ autos are all im after i sell my other inserts and throw my base away as its worthless these days

Comment

Originally posted by powerjdm View Post
              i cant buy on ebay i dont have paypal and they wont allow money orders anymore its just a way for them to take more fees

i dont use banks and i will never have a bank account i deal with cash only or money orders can you tell me of anywhere that takes money orders for hobby boxes? I dont use or own any credit cards either.

And the closest hobby shop is 4 hours away so im forced to buy tons of retail for a few hits.

And relics/ autos are all im after i sell my other inserts and throw my base away as its worthless these days
              If you can't buy on ebay, then why do you have an ebay store as a buyer and seller? With your latest sale being 6 March of this year... and Paypal as the only payment method accepted? Your last purchase that you got feedback on was 25 Feb of this year, with Paypal being the only form of payment accepted?
              Last edited by drubacca117; 03-09-2014, 08:59 PM.
              PC'ing Minnesota Twins Auto's and GU's, and popular former Twins in their Twins uniform!

Currently Updating My Bucket: http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/drubacca_117/library/

Comment

me and my father share the ebay account he lets me sell stuff on it right now so i can pay my bills since im unemployed but the paypal account is his i cant buy anything from ebay.

Comment

Listen, get a greendot reloadable card there is a $5.00 monthly fee. But you put on what u can spend so nothing is overdrawn. I have one just for buying and selling so my bank account is not put in with my paypal/CC and you can link it to a PP or just get a PP credit card they have now just about anywhere including dollar stores.

And hobby is your best bet for prime its only $30-40 more a box and always have atleast 2-4 hits.
                  Last edited by tsands11; 03-10-2014, 01:58 PM.
                  http://s995.photobucket.com/user/aut...?sort=3&page=1 Working on putting a bucket together

I collect new rookies, Aj McCarron, Eddie Lacey, Ej Manuel, Geno smith, Marqise Lee, Aaron Dobson, Older cards (1950s-1990s) along with anything that catches my eye along with Crimson Tide players/former players.

Comment

Working...
                  X