Newer or older hobby box?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newer or older hobby box?????

I won $50 amazon gift card and decided to buy a hobby box with it. I have only bought hobby boxes from my local card shop from 2014-2015. Found a few hobby boxes from 2008-2013 and can't decide which one to choose from.

I'm just concerned that older hobby boxes may be different than newer ones. I recently started collecting cards again and am unfamiliar with the "pros/cons" of new and old hobby boxes.

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated!!!

The problem with an older box is if you get a redemption card, it will have expired which stinks. But then again, I'm not sure what year they started doing the redemption cards.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Redemption cards started around 2004 and believe it or not Topps, and Upper Deck will give you a card that values your redemption card. I had pulled a 2005 Ronnie Brown RC Patch auto Gold @rd to 5 I picked this box of Absolute up for $11.00 Great price because in replace of that card they sent me a Barry Sanders Gold Patch no auto but a beautiful 4 color Patch from a HOF #2/5 does not book but Saw a 4/5 sale for $250.00

Comment

Working...
      X