Pronger Promises Pilfered Puck Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pronger Promises Pilfered Puck Purchase

Over the weekend, the Philadelphia Flyers reunited with the team that beat them in the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals and at least some of the talk was about game used memorabilia.* Pronger, it seems, snapped up the puck from Game Two in Chicago, a 2-1 Blackhawks victory.

Whether it was frustration or entrepreneurship, we don’t know.* We do know that Pronger still has the puck, though, because the topic came up during the Flyers’ visit.

Pronger says he’s planning on putting the puck up for auction on eBay and donating the proceeds to a charity of the winning bidder’s choice.

Rumors that he also owned the puck from Patrick Kane’s Stanley Cup-winning overtime shot in Game Six are, at this point, unfounded.* That particular piece of memorabilia could be worth a ton of money since it represents the Blackhawks first title in decades.* In fact, Harry Caray’s Restaurant offered a $50,000 reward for anyone able to prove they own it.

Grant DePorter, the CEO of Harry Caray’s, just bought Sammy Sosa’s famous corked bat and says he’d love to display both at the Chicago Sports Museum.

Pronger was on the bench at the time of that goal, though, and although he was a bit coy, it doesn’t seem like he owns the Game Six winner.

“I was a little disappointed at that point to skate all the way down there and get the puck,” he told Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News. “That might’ve been a little much. If I’m on the ice and it’s right in front of me, that’s a different story. I would think one of them, maybe they would’ve grabbed it. Somebody should look at the video. There’s 18 cameras out there, somebody’s got to have it.”

More...
Working...
X