Domo Arigato: Captain Canuck & All About Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domo Arigato: Captain Canuck & All About Cards

If you walked into my office right now, you'd think it's the middle of hockey season. On my desk I have a couple of Sharks team sets, two huge stacks of hockey cards, a few NHL rookie cards, and a cool National Hockey Card Day set. And they were all free of charge... prizes from contests I entered over at Captain Canucks' blog - Just A Bit Offside and Baseball Nut's blog - All About Cards.

Both of these guys have twice as many followers as I do... so there's no doubt in my mind that you've heard of both of these blogs. However... if you haven't... you'd be wise to head over and check them out.

Okay... onto my winnings. I'll start with the Captain's package... since I received it a few days ago. I apologize for the delay, but today was the first opportunity I had to open it... and it was well worth the wait. He included the following:

1991/92 OPC Inserts Shark Set

These were some of the first San Jose Sharks cards produced during their inaugural season. I only recognize a few of the names, but the Link Gaetz card definitely stands out... since he was a great fighter and one of my favorite Sharks from that first season.

2010/11 UD National Hockey Card Day Set

According to the Captain, these cards were distributed in Canada in packs of three... and you could only get one pack at a time... unless you knew someone. Well... I'm glad I know him... because I now have a sweet set that features a cool rookie card of Taylor Hall and a bunch of other veterans and HOFers.

In addition to those two sets, he also threw in some PC cards and a 1991/92 wax pack of Skybox basketball. I'm excited to add all of these cards to my collection and very much appreciate the generous Stanley Cup contest, Captain Canuck.

Although my San Jose Sharks failed to make it to the Stanley Cup Finals again... I must admit that the NHL playoffs were very good to me in other ways. The second NHL Playoff contest I entered was over at All About Cards.

After he randomized a bunch of names, my name came up third... which meant that I won this huge lot of 2010/11 Donruss Hockey:

Within that stack were these six rookie cards:

And a partial San Jose Sharks team set:

The only card I need is card #20... Joe Pavelski.

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X