No announcement yet.

What Are We Going to Do Without Hockey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are We Going to Do Without Hockey?

The goddamn NHL lockout is goddamn happening and I'm mad.

So what do we do now?

There's speculation that the season won't start until after the New Year, so does that mean no Winter Classic? No HBO Road to the Winter Classic? No hockey until 2013!? You guys, I can't breathe.

If you're lucky enough to live in or near a city with an American Hockey League team, you might see some NHLers hit the ice after all, as a number of younger players have been sent down.

Since we don't have an AHL team in the Northwest, though, I plan on soothing my broken heart by attending a lot of Everett Silvertips and Seattle Thunderbirds games. Both teams open their season this Saturday—the Thunderbirds take on the Portland Winterhawks and the Silvertips take on the Prince George Cougars, and tickets start at $16 and $14 respectively.

If you need to drown your sorrows, you could also play Puck Daddy's Unofficial 2012-13 NHL Lockout Drinking Game. And soon we'll have a place to come together and grieve, once Seattle's new Canadian-themed bar opens up. It's called the Angry Beaver, it's in Greenwood, and they'll have POUTINE. And hockey. Someday. When hockey starts up again. If hockey starts up again. I don't want to think about it anymore.
    Last edited by gladdyontherise; 11-07-2012, 09:04 PM.
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos
Working...
X