Interview 1 : hockeyman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview 1 : hockeyman

hockeyman has an ongoing thread on here that he does a lot of TTM, IP, and 50/50 autographs. I just thought I would start out the interviews with a nice fresh unique collection. I have gotten some addresses from him and he is a really good dude. And of course him being a Bruins fan always helps! On to the interview...

1) How did you originally get into collecting?
    I originally started collecting (strictly IP) about 25 years ago, but due to financial issues, I had to sell my card collection and I then gave my autographed things to my brother. Then one day I was just surfing the net looking for info on a particular player and I came across a site that showed his autographed card that the person had got through the mail. I figured I'd give it a try and I've been hooked ever since.

2) How long have you been collecting?
    It's been abut two and a half years since I got back into it.

3) I noticed that you have a thread dedicated to your TTM (and IP) Autographing. How did you get into TTM auto collection?
    See question one.

4) Where do you get all of your addresses for TTM?
    From sites such as hockeydb.com and sportscollectors.net

5) Do you collect anything other than TTM or IP autos?
    That's about it for now.

6) I noticed you said you do some 50/50 trading with some. Can you tell a little bit about that?
    There are a select few that I have met in person or through a trusted friend that I trade with. One is in LA who collects autographed pucks of former Kings players, and one is in Dallas who I met when I was down there.

7) Can you share a story about your favorite experience in IP Autographing?
    I have a few - One was being in Phoenix last fall and meeting the entire Coyotes team at their practice facility and then catching a few Flames players before their game. It's always cool when players are willing to chat a bit and even remember you, as was the case with Sean Burke, Dave Tippett, and Keith Yandle.

8) It looks like you collect mostly hockey. Is that true, and if so why?
    Yes it's true. I do like other sports, but hockey is the only sport I'm really passionate about.

9) How many unique TTM/IP autos do you have in your collection?
    Individual players? As best as I can count - 778

10) Do you have a long term collecting goal?
    Not really, mostly want to get Bruins players, but really whoever I can get

Check out his TTM/IP thread here...
    http://community.cardboardconnection...n-success.html

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
    Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
    Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
    MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
    NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
    NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
    NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!
Working...
X