Upper Deck admits to counterfeiting Yu-Gi-Oh cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Deck admits to counterfeiting Yu-Gi-Oh cards

i dont have any desire to read this story, but from what ive read elsewhere UD was producing these cards in China... violating their contract
    I like 08 topps and get IP autographs.

Wow, I've pretty much always liked Topps better (mainly because of there Chrome set) but now, It's hard for me to buy UD products...

I don't/never have collected Yu-Gi-Oh cards but the principle of illegally making these cards in sickening...

This is not something that I would expect a "top card maker" to do but rather a shady guy outside of a retail story if you will

What a joke

This will probably fall under the radar significantly becuase Yu-Gi-Oh isn't that popular here anymore and I would assume a settlement will be reached out of court...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
      Wow, I've pretty much always liked Topps better (mainly because of there Chrome set) but now, It's hard for me to buy UD products...

I don't/never have collected Yu-Gi-Oh cards but the principle of illegally making these cards in sickening...

This is not something that I would expect a "top card maker" to do but rather a shady guy outside of a retail story if you will

What a joke

This will probably fall under the radar significantly becuase Yu-Gi-Oh isn't that popular here anymore and I would assume a settlement will be reached out of court...
      yep same here

dont be so sure about that, this story just adds dead trees to the forest fire that is UD's business practices (heh, see what i did there?). all this does is just prove the people that are against UD (like you and me) and also shows why they're out of basketball and baseball

Comment

Lol nice Tiki

Yeah, and good luck getting football after that liscening goes up for grabs...(next season if I'm correct)
        sigpic

Comment

Lol nice Tiki

Yeah, and good luck getting football after that liscening goes up for grabs...(next season if I'm correct)
          i won't be buying any product if UD does somehow come out with the license. ive always hated UD regardless

Comment

1 more thought on this (for now haha)...

Speaking of UD's buisness practices, what about the OPC incident early last year...
            sigpic

Comment

1 more thought on this (for now haha)...

Speaking of UD's buisness practices, what about the OPC incident early last year...
              imo that wasnt as major of a deal. i will say now though, that there are a bunch of unsigned/patchless 1/1s from the most recent issue of The Cup hockey on ebay right now. some major guys too. just asking for fakes

Comment

no but like you said it adds fuel to the fire...

lol, I don't follow hockey cards or anything so I wouldn't know

Like John Caparulo says with Coke and Pepsi...Everyone was happy with Coke (Topps) so why did Pepsi come along (UD)...?
                sigpic

Comment

no but like you said it adds fuel to the fire...

lol, I don't follow hockey cards or anything so I wouldn't know

Like John Caparulo says with Coke and Pepsi...Everyone was happy with Coke (Topps) so why did Pepsi come along (UD)...?
                  i just saw the link on another board, i dont do hockey either as its worse than charlie villanueva

Comment

Originally posted by tikitomoka View Post
                    i just saw the link on another board, i dont do hockey either as its worse than charlie villanueva
                    They are atleast equal in that regard
                    sigpic

Comment

wow another reason i bearly buy upper deck any more.
                      Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X