2012 Press Pass Essential Elvis Box Break Recap And Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Press Pass Essential Elvis Box Break Recap And Review

A simple one sentence review of 2012 Press Pass EssentialElvis cards would be “A must have for all Elvis fans.” As usual, Press Pass delivers a perfectlyexecuted premium set and from the looks of most breaks, there isn’t a bad boxto be found.

Press Pass Essential Elvis falls under our premium cardscategory. Each box contains 7cards with 3 base cards, 1 hollofoil base set parallel and 3 hits consisting ofat least 1 Autograph and 1 relic card with the third card being an additionalrelic, autograph or sketch card.

Here are of the cards from our box.

Are You Lonesome Tonight? front and back

Hall of Fame Induction, Distinguished Award

Blue Hawaii Hollofoil Parallel

Mary Ann Mobley Gold Auto #/100, Yvonne Craig Blue Auto #/50

Essential Materials Elvis Presley Worn Black Shirt Relic, front and back

Overall Look
    The silver foil on these cards makes them look quiterich. There is a nice selection ofphotos used here. The backs of thecards hold up as well as the fronts. The design of the Autograph and Relic cards is great too. In particular, the die cut for theElvis cut auto relic is one of the best I’ve seen for this category of cards.

Quality and Variety of the checklist
    With a diverse mixture of former friends, band mates andleading ladies, the autograph list is very well done. Some of the actresses like Mary Tyler Moore, Barbara Edenand Yvonne Craig have cross over appeal too. Who wouldn’t want to add Mary Richards, Jeannie and Batgirlto their collection?

Do the Hits satisfy?
    To be guaranteed at least one Elvis relic in every box isawesome. Add to that a picture ofthe actual item the swatch came from and it takes the card to a differentlevel. The jumbo and multi swatchcards are amazing. Of course, thecut autos of Elvis Presley make for a great chase.

Will you keep coming back for more?
    Honestly, I can easily see multiple box purchases if not bythe case, but if one box is all you can swing, you will be going home happy.

Rating

5 out of 5

2012 Press Pass Essential Elvis should be a part of yourcollection.

More...
    For news on all sports trading cards, autographs, memorabillia and collectables, visit my blog
    sigpic

nice review great lookin cards I think the King would approve the autos are very nice .Be great to have a Elvis Presley auto .Thanks for review
    http://photobucket.com/trades_bucket
    Collecting Panthers and Lots more

Comment

Working...
    X