I'm an eBay idiot... again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm an eBay idiot... again!

As human beings, we're not perfect... so it's only natural that we make mistakes from time to time. However, some of us make more mistakes than others.

Last October, I managed to buy an empty box of football cards for $4.99 (99ยข + $4 shipping). Click here if you're bored... as a bonus, there's a picture of me dressed up as a geisha girl.

Since I'm a creature of habit, I'll use the same format as my previous experience...

Who: That would be me.
    What: Five COLOR PHOTO COPIES of Star Wars sketch cards
    When: Last Sunday
    Where: On eBay
    Why: The illustrations were so awesome, I figured they were worth a couple of bucks a piece... even if they weren't pack inserted sketch cards.
    How: Unfortunately, I was so preoccupied with the artistic beauty... I didn't notice the word PRINT in the title.

So, somebody scanned photos of their homemade Star Wars sketch cards, made color copies of them, and then I purchased them, because I didn't take the time to read the ad carefully.

On a humorous side note... I wasn't the only guy to bid on this lot.

However, the jokes on me... since I'm the one who won it.

Actually, it could have been worse. My max bid was set for $10. Thank goodness we didn't get into a bidding war.

Okay I've shared not one, but two stories of mistakes I've made while collecting cardboard. Don't worry, I've got more to share. But before I do, it's your turn first.

Happy Friday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Hmm I will have to think back, I'm sure there are some

Comment

Working...
    X