Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Thank You Plug

The Thank You:

For the past two years, I've slowly accumulated over forty different unopened baseball card packs. However, these aren't your everyday wax packs. They're baseball card packs from Japan, which I haven't been able to find at any of my local card shops or Japanese grocery stores.

So, how do I acquire my packs? Well... I used to buy them from an online store called the Yakyu Shop. Unfortunately, it closed its doors in 2011. But thankfully, I've made a few friends from across the Pacific who have generously offered to help me with my collection.

One of those guys is a fellow blogger: Ryan G. Last week, I received a package from him that included the following:

A Pair of Power Rangers

A Japanese Anime Card

Some Japanese Super Mario Cards

& 10 Packs of 2012 Calbee Pro Yakyu Chips Series One

I've already added the cards to my Japanese PC Binder and opened one of the packs for my post on A Pack To Be Named Later. I'll also be giving one of these packs away in a prize package. The rest I'll save for a rainy day.

Thanks Ryan.... I appreciate you putting together this package for me. Everyone else... if you haven't done so already, I encourage you to check out his two cardboard blogs: This Card Is Cool & Cardboard Zoo.

The Plug:

Last month, the PR manager from www.wholesalekeychain.com contacted me about reviewing some of their key chains on my blog. In return, they're allowing me to hand them out as contest prizes. So if you're a San Francisco Giants fan... check these out:

I'm not a Giants fan, but if I was, I'd keep the pewter one for myself. The bottle opener key chain is cool too, but I rarely drink bottled beverages.

Both of them are high quality key chains, not the kind you'd find in a dollar bin at the local flea market. Trust me, I know.

So, if you're in the market for a key chain that will last, please head over to their site and check out the other MLB teams, as well as NBA, NFL, NHL, Nascar, and collegiate products. They also offer engraving services for a small additional fee.

Okay... it's time to get some rest. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X