• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea Market Finds #23: Wax Packs, Ticket Stubs, and another SLU

When: Sunday, September 9th
    Where: Capitol Flea Market
    What: Wax Packs, Ticket Stubs, & another SLU
    How Much?: $8

I woke up an hour early, so I could get to the flea market, walk around, and be back home in time for the 10 o'clock NFL games. My guess is that a lot of the vendors had the same idea, because the flea market was only about 70% of the size it usually is.

On the bright side... less vendors typically means less money spent. And when all was said and done, I had spent more money on coffee, breakfast, and admission... than on my three purchases.

Purchase #1: 2007 Legends Non-Sport Box $4

If you're a regular reader of this blog, than you know I can't stay away from cheap non-sport wax packs. I've purchased at least three of those damn 2009 World's Greatest Chase boxes ($5/box) that contain 16 packs.

Today, I grabbed a 2007 Legends box that's a much better bargain: 20 packs for $4. I'll save the box break for a future post. Keep your fingers crossed.

Purchase #2: 1991 Kenner SLU Headline Barry Sanders $3

I just can't stop buying these worthless pieces of plastic. But I keep thinking "these figures once sold for $30 to $40" so $3 is a steal. Then I remember how much these guys have dropped in value. Oh well... it's a nice addition to my SLU collection.

Purchase #3: San Francisco Playoff Ticket Stubs $1

Why do I need or want these? I'm not a 49ers fan and I didn't attend any of these games. But for a buck... who cares? I'll probably take these back to the flea market and sell them at my table.

Okay, let's hear from all of you SLU collectors...

Will Kenner Starting Lineups ever be collectable again? Or will they forever be paired with Beanie Babies and POGs?

Happy Monday everyone... and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X