Hidden Treasures: Kristi Yamaguchi Autographed Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden Treasures: Kristi Yamaguchi Autographed Book

A few months ago, I picked up a book for my best friend's daughter called It's a Big World, Little Pig!

It's written by Olympicgold medalist, Kristi Yamaguchi... who I've had a small celebrity crush on since I was a teenager. Anyways... last week I met my friend for dinner and she mentioned that her and her husband were surprised to find that the book was autographed.

I was surprised too. The store I had purchased it from is called Nikkei Traditions and it's located in San Jose's Japantown... which happened to be where we decided to meet for dinner.

The store usually closes pretty early, so we walked over to the store before heading to the restaurant. I immediately headed over to the bookshelves and found a bunch of copies remaining. All of them were signed...

Children's picture books aren't exactly my cup of tea. But Kristi Yamaguchi sure is! I ended up grabbing another copy for myself. There isn't a COA... but I know she has a strong presence in the community, so I trust that it's real.

Best of all... it was less than $20. To put things into perspective... her pack pulled autographs rarely sell for less than $50 on eBay.

It won't exactly allow me to retire early, but it was a pleasant surprise I wanted to share with any of my readers who live in the Bay Area. and might happen to be Yamaguchi fans.

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X