The Coolest 'Graph In My Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Coolest 'Graph In My Collection

Last weekend my friend invited me to the JAMsj (Japanese American Museum of San Jose) Winter Boutique. There was a lot of "arts and crafts" stuff like homemade cards, jewelry, and pottery so I used the opportunity to buy Christmas presents.

Well... being a guy, I finished checking out the boutique in about 15... maybe 30 minutes. That's about the same time it took my friend to browse one or two vendors. In other words... I had some time to kill.

There was a family who specialized in books written by Japaneseauthors, so I decided to hang out in their booth while I waited for my friend to try on jewelry and clothing. They had a bunch of cool Manga books... including several that were autographed by the authors.

While flipping through one of them, I came across this:

Is this signature awesome or what? It's a quick sketch of Miyamoto Usagi along with Stan Sakai's standard autograph.

If you're not familiar with Mr. Sakai, he's the creator of Usagi Yojimbo... a comic book series that tells the tales of a rabbit ronin who is walking the musha shugyo (warrior's pilgrimage).

I've been wanting to read one of these comics for over 20 years and after finding this awesome autograph, I figured this was the perfect place to start. So, I plopped down my $18 and purchased my firstSakaigraphic novel:

I have two more (unsigned) that I just ordered off of Amazon. I look forward to finally reading this series.

Okay... it's your turn:

Who do you think has the coolest signature? What are your favorites?

Happy Friday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X