Flea Market Finds #67: I've Lost that Lovin' Feelin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea Market Finds #67: I've Lost that Lovin' Feelin'

It might be the summer heat. Maybe it's the dwindling storage space for stuff I really don't need. Perhaps it's the lack of quality finds over the past few months. Or could it be that I've lost the motivation?

Whatever it is... I just haven't been interested in flea markets lately. Sadly... it's easily the most popular topic on this blog. My Flea Market Findsposts garner nearly 50% more views than other posts. But just like you can't force a woman into loving you. You can't force a guy into loving the swap meet.

With that being said... I told myself to get up and walk around the flea market yesterday. The weather (@ 8:30am) and exercise were nice, but I walked away with only one thing in my backpack.

When: Thursday, July 31st
    Where: Capitol Flea Market
    What: Vintage Mad Magazine
    How Much?: $1

Purchase #1: Mad Magazine #196$1

When I saw this on a guy's table, the adrenaline started pumping and I got excited. Mad Magazine was my favorite thing to read when I was a kid and this particular issue is awesome. I did a quick eBay search and was prepared to spend up to four bucks, but was even more giddy when the guy told me I could have it for a buck.

Unfortunately... that's the only thing I walked away with. I saw several dealers with sports memorabilia, but either the price wasn't right or it was stuff I didn't want. I'm giving the flea market one more chance tomorrow, since my buddy asked me to go. But don't be surprised if you see less and lessFlea Market Finds posts on this blog. I've just lost that lovin' feelin'.

Happy Friday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X