Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• legionofboom
    replied
    I really like the memorabilia that you brought to have autographed. Very cool experience for you, thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• hayn
    replied
    To Fujisan,

What a fantastic outing and it was all due to just having a day off! I must say that SNL Coneheads are one of my favorite skits, that and John Belushi as a Samurai, (Samurai deli and Samurai Optometrists).

Congratulations on your memorabilia. The only movie I saw is Ghost Busters.

Toshi

Leave a comment:

• sanjosefuji
    started a topic Who Ya Gonna Call?

Who Ya Gonna Call?

Buh-bye Spring Break! I'm going to miss you. Thankfully... we'll always have the memories we built together over the past ten days.

One of which involves meeting and shaking the hands of famousBlues Brother... Mr. Dan Ackroyd:

Last Thursday, Mr. Ackroyd was promoting his Crystal Head Vodka at a localBevMo!. He arrived at 2:00pm and line was at least two to three hundred people long. Luckily my buddy and I arrived early enough to avoid the long line. Normally... I wouldn't have been able to make it down there until at least 3 o'clock, which happened to be around the time I finally met Elwood J. Blues.

When I left... the line had probably doubled. I can't say for sure, because I couldn't see the end of the line. But when my buddy and I drove by two hourslater, there was still a huge line outside.

Since everyone was standing in line, I was finally able to get a clear shot of The Bluesmobile:

In addition to the photo and the handshake, I also walked away with some autographs:

It's hard to see, but I had him sign a cheap harmonica I picked up earlier in the day for $7.

He also signed my Lego Ecto-1box. Ghostbusters is my favorite Dan Ackroyd film with Spies Like Us a very close second. So it was a no-brainer to have him sign my Legoset.

In order to get two autographs, you had to purchase or pre-purchase a bottle of his vodka, which comes in a very cool skull bottle. My buddy found some of the smaller bottles at another BevMostore and gave me one:

Unfortunately... the bottle is pretty tiny, so Mr. Ackroyd was only able to initial it:

Overall it was a really cool experience to be able to shake hands with a guy I grew up watching on Saturday Night Live and in movie theaters. And to think... all of this was possible because I had the day off.

Okay... it's your turn:

Are you a fan of Dan Ackroyd? Do you have a favorite Ackroyd film?

I look forward to reading your responses. If I were to make a prediction... based on the people I talked to last Thursday... The Blues Brothers will probably receive the most votes.

Have a great week! Happy Monday and sayonara!

Extra Edition!

I almost forgot to include this:

When I found out about the autograph signing, I went over to Amazon and picked up this:

1993 Playmates Coneheads
    Beldar Suburban Uniform

Unfortunately the bubble was cracked and had some discoloration, so I wasn't able to get this signed On a positive note, the seller gave me a full refund and told me to keep the figure for my troubles. If any of you are looking for toys, you might want to check out his Amazonstore:

It's nice to know customer service is still important among a lot of vendors in our world.

More...
Working...
X