Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap Cool Cards #28: Beastie Boys Rookie Card???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Cool Cards #28: Beastie Boys Rookie Card???

1991 Pro Set Yo! MTV Raps #102

A few weeks ago, I received some Yo! MTV Rapscards from Tiny over on CCW, which took me down Memory Lane and motivated me to track down some cheap boxes on eBay. Unfortunately there weren't any within my budget, but I did happen to find this thirty-seven card lot on eBay:

The vendor was asking $1.99 (+ free shipping), which is probably a fair price considering it cost them nearly that much in shipping alone. But since there was a "best offer" option, I decided to see if he'd take a buck.

He did. The main card I wanted was the Beastie Boyscard at the top of the post. They've been one of my favorite groups for close to three decades and I've slowly been picking up pieces of their memorabilia.

Last month it was a Star Warsfigure that honored their 1998albumHello Nasty.

Back in March I grabbed this limited edition skateboard deck that's a tribute to Spike Jonze who directed several Beastie Boysmusic videos, including one of the most iconic music videos ever made:

Sorry... due to copyright issues... I had to use the Beavis and Buttheadversion of Sabotage. I'm not allowed to show you the actual music video on my site... but you can click here and watch it over on YouTube.

Or you can wrap up this post by checking out this pair of rap classics instead:

Happy Wednesday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X