Some pictures from the 2011 NWA Legends Fanfest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pictures from the 2011 NWA Legends Fanfest

Thought I'd share some of the stuff I got signed at the 2011 NWA Legends Fanfest in Atlanta. Gonna be a lot of pics but I hope you enjoy.

This is the old Mid-South Arena in Memphis which was one of the hottest places for wrestling. Signed by Tommy Rich, Austin Idol, The Assassin, Outlaw Ron Bass, Killer Tim Brooks, Randy Rose, Pat Rose, the infamous Dr D David Schultz, Gypsy Joe, Thunderbolt Patterson, Steve Olsonoski, Judy Martin, Joyce Grable, Leilani Kai, and Big Mamma Felicia Valient

Program from the 1987 Great American Bash Tour signed by Tully Blanchard, JJ Dillon, Rickey Morton, Robert Gobson, Ivan Koloff, Nikita Koloff (signed several years ago), Ronnie Garvin, Dory Funk, Jr, and Scrappy McGowan

Before Barry Darsow became Smash in Demolition, Randy Colley (aka Moondog Rex) was the original Smash along with Bill Eadie (Masked Superstar) as Ax. Colley actually came up with the gimmick, so I thought this would be something nice to have signed.

As Gordon Sollie used to call it "the 10 lbs of gold" the NWA World Heavyweight Championship Belt (ok a picture of it) signed by 3 of the men who wore it Terry Funk, Harley Race, and Wildfire Tommy Rich

Picture of the ECW Arena in Philly. The pic is from after the time that the original ECW was there, but I liked the shot so I used it. Signed by Raven, Terry Funk, Al Snow, Ron Simmons, Jimmy Snuka, and Stan Hansen.

The World Famous Sportatorium in Dallas, Tx was home to World Class Championship Wrestling and a few other promotions. Signed by Percy Pringle III who many of you will know as Paul Bearer, Thunderbolt Patterson, Eddy Mansfield, Tony Atlas, The Masked Superstar who also signed it as Ax because he wrestled under both gimmicks there, Killer Tim Brooks, Leilani Kai, Judy Martin, Joe Pediceno (who was announcer and part owner of the Global Wrestling Federation) and Bonnie Blackstone (announcer for GWF as well)

I'll try to post some more over the next few days bepending on work schedule etc

Awesome autos and awesome trip down memory lane.

Collecting Ken Dilger, Indiana Hoosiers autos, and Indianapolis Colts Rookies
    Colts Rookie Collection: 408 Different Players
    Ken Dilger Collection: 261/445 (58.6%)

Tradelist
    Colts Rookie Collection
    Ken Dilger Collection

Comment

VERY cool stuff man.... keep it coming

Comment

Wow, unreal. Love the past wrestler autographs!!!!
        TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
        A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Wow very cool! Thanks for sharing the scans.

Comment

Ok, here are a couple more

The Boutwell Auditorium in Birmingham, AL was the home of Southeastern/Continental wrestling back in the day. Incidentally, the Boutwell is a block from where I work. I snapped this picture, blew it up and had it signed by Mr Wrestling II, Austin Idol, Gypsy Joe, Lars Anderson, The Flame (The Assassin Jody Hamilton), Randy Rose, Pat Rose, Dr D David Schultz, Joyce Grable, and the famed Alabama Jr Heavyweight Champion Action Mike Jackson

Jim Crockett Promotions Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling Heavyweight Belt Pic signed by Ivan Koloff, Dory Funk Jr, Ron Bass, Tony Atlas, and Greg Valentine

The original 4 Horsemen signed by Ole Anderson, Tully Blanchard, and JJ Dillon

NWA Logo pic signed by Steve O, Buddy Colt, Eddy Mansfield, Big Mamma Felicia Valient, Lars Anderson, and Scrappy McGowan

Picture of the cover of the 1983 Starrcade program signed by Harley Race and Greg Valentine

might add some more tonight

Comment

Working...
            X