Georges St-Pierre Signing Recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georges St-Pierre Signing Recap

Georges St-Pierre was signing free autographs for his fans at the Affliction store in Seal Beach today. He was scheduled to sign from 12 til 2 pm. He was signing anything put in front of him and pictures were allowed.

I arrived at around 11:30 and the line was deep for a Wednesday afternoon. I would of arrived earlier if I didn't have class in the morning. There had to be at least 125 people by the time I got in line. The Affliction employees let fans sign up for a chance to win one of three GSP signed Affliction t-shirts. (Hopefully I win one)

St-Pierre arrived 30 minutes early but didn't start signing until noon. Affliction had a promotion for people who made a purchase over $100. They were able to get in another line that guaranteed an opportunity to meet GSP. The line was moving really slowly because St-Pierre was signing multiple items and chatting with everyone.

A little after 1 pm, an Affliction employee announced that St-Pierre went on a lunch break. He didn't return until 1:45 and I was getting worried because he was only suppose to be there until 2. They said that he would stop signing at 2:30 and the people who weren't able to get St-Pierre's autograph would receive 35% off anything in the store.

Luckily, I was one of the last ones allowed into the store. They cut off the line about ten people after I was let in. There was about 30-40 people outside when I left. Since St-Pierre was in a hurry, I was only able to get one of my pictures signed. I'm just happy I was able to meet the champ. A little sloppy on the autograph but he's a very nice guy.

Affliction needs to organize their lines. There was a couple people cutting and saying they were going to the restroom, but would just get in line once they were inside the store.

For anything sold today, 20% of all proceeds went to the Seal Beach Victim Fund Trust.

They will be hosting another signing on November 12th with multiple UFC fighters. I'll post up the information when they release the names.

Thanks to Affliction for hosting the event and Georges for being great!

More...
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Cool story Jes. Thanks for sharing it with us. GSP is awesome. He's doing a signing her in Toronto next month, but unfortunately it is gonna be $99 an auto.

Comment

No problem.

He charges a lot. Glad this was a free signing.
      Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
      Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
      Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
      Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Working...
      X