Sayonara Salute #22: Hector Camacho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sayonara Salute #22: Hector Camacho

Boxing hasn't been my thing in over a decade. Outside of a few Pacquiao fights, I can't remember the last boxing match I watched.

But there was a time when my buddy and I would watch all of the big fights: Tyson vs. Spinks, Leonard vs. Hagler, Holyfield vs. Bowe, Taylor vs. Chavez, Lewis vs. Holyfield, Tyson vs. Holyfield, and of course... Julio Cesar Chavez vs. Hector "Macho" Camacho.

Chavez dominated the fight and won by unanimous decision after 12 rounds, but the fight was a historic one and one I won't forget.

Another thing that stands out when I look back at Camacho were his entertaining outfits. My favorite was the one he wore before his fight against De La Hoya. It was sort of a Destro (from G.I. Joe) meets a dominatrix look.

Here... see for yourself:

The boxing world will truly miss the Macho Man, but at least there are plenty of pieces of boxing memorabilia to remember him by. Here are some of his cardboard I acquired over the years:

1991 Kayo #40

1991 Kayo #197

1991 All World #7

1991 Ringlords #33

1996 Ringside "Spotlights in the Ring" #1

Rest in peace... Macho Man. You will be remembered.

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X