Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chronicles of Cardfoolery #10: Where's Bruce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronicles of Cardfoolery #10: Where's Bruce?

Sports cards are like women (or men, if that's your preference). There are plenty of options for people to choose from.

Unfortunately when it comes to women, I was cursed with being picky... which probably explains why I'm still not married. But in terms of cardboard, I'm pretty openminded. In fact it's pretty rare for me to find a trading card that doesn't have at least one positive trait.

Let's take a look at my 2011 Upper Deck World of Sportsautograph of Olympic gold medalist... Bruce Jenner:

I love Jenner'ssignature. He's got a really nice autograph and the blue ink really stands out on the beige background. I can also appreciate the overall card design, which incorporates a colorful stamp-like track and field logo with the globe's lines of longitude and latitude in the background.

But where in the world is Bruce?

It's one thing to create cards without team logos. I'm not a fan, but I accept that others appreciate them. I'm even willing to overlook the sticker autograph. But a sports card without a picture of the athlete? This is absolute cardfoolery! And it takes things to the next level. When it comes to collecting sports cards, one of my favorite things is looking at photos or illustrations of my favorite athletes.

Kudos to those who find this product attractive. Without your support this product would have been an epic fail. In fact, someone had to pull this Jenner, so I could purchase it for three bucks and use it in a blog post.

Happy Wednesday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X