Wallet Card Wednesday #1: Clownin' Around @ the Flea Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wallet Card Wednesday #1: Clownin' Around @ the Flea Market

This week... Tony met a new friend at the Branham Flea Market. Meet scary clown kid:

The clown's name is Tommy... and he was the first (of four) in a series of children's circus plates produced in the early 80's. He was on my buddy's dollar table waiting for a plate collector to adopt him.

Unfortunately... after sitting around two different flea markets last weekend, he still hasn't been purchased. My buddy offered to give it to me, but there's no way I'd let Tommy into my home.

It's funny... I can remember seeing plate collections hanging on dining room and family room walls on more than one occasion as a kid. I guess it was a 70's and 80's thing, because it's not as common nowadays.

However, I did adopt a few other items from my buddy's dollar table:

1996 Skins Game Brochure

1996 was the year Tiger turned professional and this brochure is from his first Skins Game appearance. Fred Couples and Tom Watson dominated the event... leaving Tiger with only two skins. and John Dalyskinless.

Diamond Dreams HC (Walter Iooss Photographs)

Walter Iooss is an awesome sports photographer whose work has been featured on numerous sports cards. This book is filled with baseball photographs from the legendary photographer. If you're a baseball fan and have an extra $5 laying around... you might want to consider picking up a copy for yourself.

1995 Amada Disney Holograms

Just like plates take me back to the 80's... holograms like these remind me of the 90's. I've never seen these before, but they look cool and will make excellent additions to my non-sports insert collection.

Oh and before I forget... in addition to that stuff, my buddy also hooked me up with this autographed photo:

I've been a fan of Woodson for years and this is my first autograph of him. He played a big role in the Lombardi Trophy returning to Green Bay a few years ago. Thanks Mike for the cool collectibles.

Stay tuned... tomorrow I'll show off the only flea market purchase I made this past weekend.

Happy Wednesday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X