Flea Market Finds #93: Crazy George and Another Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea Market Finds #93: Crazy George and Another Collection

One of the greatest sports debates is whether or not Krazy George invented "The Wave". Personally... he has my vote.

When I look back at all of the Oakland A'sgames I attended during my childhood, the two things that stand out the most are Kool and the Gang's Celebration and Krazy George. In fact, I get goosebumps every time I hear that song play after an A'swin... or see that him banging on his drum.

Unfortunately... on Saturday they lost to the Mariners, so I didn't get to hear that song. But that's okay... because earlier in the day, I found this sweet bobblehead at the De Anza Flea Market:

I found it on a guy's table among a bunch of other sports figurines and was excited to hear his $10asking price. After doing a little research, watching a video on YouTube, and talking to a buddy of mine... I discovered that these often sell for over $100. But it makes sense... right? I mean... how often do you get to see an old, bald guy who's wearing Daisy Dukes featured as a bobble.

Like Cardboard Icons said... De Anza was sort of a bust in terms of sports memorabilia. The only other thing I purchased was a ring for my friend, three churros, and this Kylo Renaction figure:

If you're a Star Warsfan, then you probably heard about Force Friday. Unfortunately, by the time I made it out to Target, Walmart, and Toys 'R Us... there was hardly anything left. This figure was the number one thing on my want list. And considering that these sold for $19.99 + tax in stores, I was pretty excited to find it for $25 at the flea market.

The next day I walked around the Capitol Flea Market and immediately stumbled upon this 2002hobby box of Fleer WWE Absolute Divas:

I figured for $8... this would be an entertaining box break. I also found another shoe box that contained someone's collection of 90's inserts and parallels:

There's just way too much stuff to scan, so I'll save the goodies from this box for a future post. Originally the box was only partially filled, but the lady told me I could fill up the spaces and take the box for $20. I thought that price was pretty fair, but I'll let you be the final judge.

Well that's a wrap. This particular weekend, "quality" reigned over "quantity" and I'm completely content with that.

Happy Tuesday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X