Let the Games Begin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the Games Begin...

I love to golf. I enjoy attending Sharks, A's, and Giantsgames. And when it comes to watching a sport on TV, there's nothing better than NFL Sunday. However over the past decade or so, one sport has slowly become my second favorite sport to watch on television: football (aka soccer).

Before the 90's, I could care less about watching soccer. I hated playing it during PE in middle school and high school. It always seemed like people either crowded around the ball... or stood around and talked to their friends. I fell into the latter group. Simply put... I would rather play anything compared to soccer.

Then in the 90's people like Eric Wynalda, Cobi Jones, Mia Hamm, and Brandi Chastain came along and caught my attention.

Slowly over time, I met more and more people (especially co-workers) who were interested in watching World Cup and Olympicsoccer.

These days... I'm absolutely pumped that the women of Team USA are competing for another gold medal over the next two weeks. They kicked things off on Wednesday with a 2-0win over New Zealand.

2011 Upper Deck MLS #198

Former Cal Bear... Alex Morgan is hands down my favorite player on the team and although I wasn't able to watch Wednesday'sgame, I was excited to hear that she scored the second goal of the game:

Unfortunately... I won't be able to watch today's game either, because I'll be at the A'sgame. But hopefully I'll be able to find a replay somewhere online.

By the way Play at the Plate is holding a contest over on his blog for some free Olympic cards. Interested? Click here.

GoTeamUSA! Happy Saturday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X