Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jays set to trade CF Wells to Angels (AP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jays set to trade CF Wells to Angels (AP)

A person familiar with the talks tells The Associated Press that the Toronto Blue Jays are set to trade All-Star center fielder Vernon Wells to the Los Angeles Angels in a deal that would bring back catcher Mike Napoli. The person spoke on condition of anonymity Friday because the trade was not complete.

More...

Wow, not sure I like this rumor. I know Vernon is being paid way too much money, and has under-achieved the past couple years, but giving up on him at this point may be a huge mistake, IMO. Looks more like a payroll cut to me. I wonder if they are gonna enjoy playing to 8,000 fans every night at Rogers Center? I'm still not over trading Doc.

Comment

Being a fan of the Angels, I am happy they made a move and got a bat. Vernon Wells is overpaid, but has had some good seasons. I see him putting up better numbers this season than last season. As for the two players they traded away, Rivera hasnt been the same since he broke his leg and Napoli has power but not a very good batting average. I am worried that Mathis will be starting majority of the games unless Hank Conger is ready to be on the active roster.

Comment

I cant see him hitting 30+ HRs and 90+RBIs this season.
        Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
        Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
        Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
        Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

They're paying 81 million over 4 years for Vernon Wells..guess the Angels would rather not win..

Comment

Working...
          X