No announcement yet.

Nolan Ryan and the 50 Most Overrated Players in MLB History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all PERSONAL OPINION. However, I think this person has made many mistakes on his "overrated" list. I definitely do not agree with this writer's list. But it is just HIS OPINION.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
    Orioles Autos I need
    Baseball HOFers GU I need
    Orioles GU I need
    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
    However other offers will be considered

Comment

^^^^ exactly....

and you know what they say about OPINIONS

Comment

Originally posted by ac-n-mike View Post
        Do you know a lot of pro-players? or have you seen interviews where they actually said that?

and Greatest EVER ? I wouldnt even put him in the top 50... no way

Yes this is back in 08..Joba got the 'award' in 2010 and I couldnt find anything for 2009.

But yea ESPN acts as if Jeter is the greatest thing to every be seen. You can be a good/great player and be overrated, right?

You were asking for opinions, and I gave you one

Comment

not sure what is more crazy.. this list.. or that poll LOL

Who is the most overrated player in baseball?

Derek Jeter, Yankees SS 10%

Barry Zito, Giants P 9%

J.D. Drew, Red Sox OF 7%

Alex Rodriguez, Yankees 3B 7%

Kevin Youkilis, Red Sox 1B 4%

FAST FACTS
          Players couldn't vote for a teammate.... Jeter was second, Rodriguez first, in last week's poll, "Whom would you pick to build a team around?"... Nine of the top 16 vote-getters play for the Red Sox or the Yankees including Boston's Curt Schilling (9th, 2.5%) and Daisuke Matsuzaka (15th, 1.6%), and New York's Johnny Damon (11th, 2.2%), Carl Pavano (14th, 1.7%) and Jason Giambi (16th, 1.5%).

Pretty funny that 9 of the 16 players play for the RedSox or Yankees... and you were NOT able to vote for a teammate lol

Comment

I thought that was pretty funny, rivalries still live! lol

Comment

they will always hate each other LOL

Comment

No mention of Roger Clemens, Manny Ramirez or Barry Bonds!
                I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

I dont think they were overrated... they were UNREAL/CHEATERS... but is that overrated?

Comment

good point
                    I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

How is Omar Vizquel 'overrated'? The man was (and still is) arguably the best defensive SS of all-time, and all he did was get on base when he needed to, and came up with clutch hits throughout his entire career.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                      Johnson/Mears/
                      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                        How is Omar Vizquel 'overrated'? The man was (and still is) arguably the best defensive SS of all-time, and all he did was get on base when he needed to, and came up with clutch hits throughout his entire career.
                        the "writers" input on Vizquel

Omar Vizquel is magnificent with the leather. He makes plays that others can only dream of making, but that is all he can do.

He is not much of a hitter or base stealer, something you would figure he would be due to his 5'9" frame.

If not for his defensive abilities, Vizquel would be just another face in the crowd. He is as much of a one-dimensional player as they come, and for that reason, he is just overrated.

Comment

I didn't read all the Posts but someone has to agree that Derek Jeter needs to be in the top 25. And yes I'm a hard core Yankee fan.
                          Trade Site

Comment

Originally posted by ac-n-mike View Post
                            the "writers" input on Vizquel

Omar Vizquel is magnificent with the leather. He makes plays that others can only dream of making, but that is all he can do.

He is not much of a hitter or base stealer, something you would figure he would be due to his 5'9" frame.

If not for his defensive abilities, Vizquel would be just another face in the crowd. He is as much of a one-dimensional player as they come, and for that reason, he is just overrated.

In my opinion the writer has missed his mark with several of his comments. To say all Omar could do was field the ball is the same as saying that Babe Ruth could only hit home runs. I didnt see what he said about Ozzie Smith but Ill bet it was pretty close to what he said about Omar.

Maybe its just me but I feel Defense is a very important part of the game. Plain and simple. And besides Omar is a lifetime .273 hitter and has 400 stolen bases. Not great but solid numbers.

Omar Vizquel was winning multiple gold gloves going up against Derek Jeter and A-rod oh and another guy named Ripken.

You probably guessed that I am an Omar Vizquel guy. The man could be featured in a full length film of nothing but defensive highlight clips.

His lifetime fielding percentage .985 and WAR (wins above replacement) 43.4 tell me that he is UNDERRATED to say the least.

Here is a link to Omar Vizquels lifetime stats. In many catagories he is in the top 50 all time on the career list.
                            Check out the latest Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Rookie Status & More of Omar Vizquel. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, draft status, bats, throws, school and more on Baseball-reference.com
                            I collect a little bit of everything. But, if I never get back to you, your probably on Ignore!!

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f111/prosefan1/

Jim Thome Have List: http://dave44671.tripod.com/

Save the Ta-Tas

Comment

Defense in baseball is VERY UNDER-rated

Comment

Working...
                              X