2011 Cy Young Race - Halladay vs. Kershaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Cy Young Race - Halladay vs. Kershaw

I was looking at the pitching stats for the National League starting pitchers and noticed that the current Cy Young race is very close.

Roy Halladay has been spectacular this entire season. His team has the best record in the league and he's tied for most wins (15) in the National League with Clayton Kershaw. While going over the numbers, their numbers are almost identical in most categories.

I set up all of their stats together so everyone can get a better idea of Halladay and Kershaw. There are a couple of other pitchers who are in the discussion like Tim Lincecum, Cliff Lee, and Cole Hamels.

Both pitchers have pitchers at least 183.2 innings and have a record of 15 wins and five losses. Halladay has given up 30 more hits and Kershaw has struck out 22 more hitters. Kershaw has given up four more home runs and has walked twice as many hitters.

The most surprising stat to me is Halladay's shutouts. He doesn't have one this season but he does have seven complete games.

Let's take a look at their probable opponents for the rest of the season:

Roy Halladay
    @ WAS
    vs. FLA
    @ CIN
    vs. ATL
    @ MIL
    vs. STL
    vs. WAS
    @ ATL

Clayton Kershaw
    @ STL
    vs. SD
    @ ATL
    @ WAS
    vs. ARI
    vs. PIT
    @ SD

It's going to be a fun race to watch, especially between Halladay and Kershaw.

More...
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

I think as of right now, Kershaw would win the award.

Comment

I think it will be close and who may have most wins! Kershaw is the bright spot for the Dodgers!
      I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
      X