2011 MLB Playoff Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 MLB Playoff Predictions

What a way to end the 2011 season. I still can't believe everything that happened last night. If you missed it, Joe Posnanski, from Sports Illustrated, wrote an awesome column about it here.

Redsox choke. Rays take their spot in the playoffs.
    Braves choke. Cardinals take their spot in the playoffs.

I was rooting to see both wild card spots come down to game 163, but I'm satisfied with how the game's ended last night.

The stage is set with the 8 best baseball teams.

I don't think the Yankees have enough pitching to shut down the Tigers offense. Justin Verlander was the best pitcher in the American League this season but has stumbled to the finish line. If he can get it together, the Yankees aren't going to beat the Tigers when he pitches. I believe the Tigers will win the first game in New York and their first game in Detroit. Justin Verlander will come back to pitch game 5, while the Yankees still don't have a starter named for that game since CC Sabbathia will pitch in game 4.
    MVP: Miguel Cabrera
    Prediction: Tigers in 5
    It's incredible how the Rays managed to make it to the playoffs. The Rangers have the better lineup by far. It's a scary team to face right now. They also have C.J. Wilson and Derek Holland leading the way. The Rays pitchers haven't been too consistent the entire year and there's no telling who shows up. David Price didn't win a single game in September, so he might not even start. Evan Longoria and B.J. Upton need to lead the offense if they want to advance to the ALCS.
    MVP: Adrian Beltre
    Prediction: Rangers in 4
    The Phillies are just the better team all-around on paper. Their lineup hasn't really been hitting like they should be. If Jimmy Rollins and Shane Victorino get that lineup going then they might sweep the series especially with Roy Halladay and Cliff Lee starting the first two games. I don't like the rotation Tony LaRussa set up. I understand he can't use Carpenter until game 3, but to start Edwin Jackson in game 2 instead of Jamie Garcia is a bad move. If the Phillies pitch around Albert Pujols, they should be fine.
    MVP: Ryan Howard
    Prediction: Phillies in 4
    The Brewers have a great lineup from top to bottom. They are very balanced with speed at the top and power in 3-5 holes. Corey Hart and Casey McGehee are going to have to step up. The Diamondbacks aren't going to let Ryan Braun and Prince Fielder beat them. Kirk Gibson has made all the right choices this year and his ball club is very young. The Diamondbacks need to win at least one game in Milwaukee if they want a chance to advance. The Brewers had the best record at home this season. Justin Upton has to step up. I don't think the Diamondbacks have a good enough rotation to defeat the Brewers in a series.
    MVP: Prince Fielder
    Prediction: Brewers in 4

ALCS
    Detroit Tigers vs. Texas Rangers
    Prediction: Rangers in 6 games
    NLCS
    Milwaukee Brewers vs. Philadelphia Phillies
    Prediction: Brewers in 7 games

WORLD SERIES
    Texas Rangers vs. Milwaukee Brewers

Prediction: Rangers in 6 games

I'm going with the Texas Rangers to repeat as American League Champions, but this time they will get the job done. They are my pick for the 2011 World Series Champions. I hope they don't embarrass me with a 1st round exit.

More...
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Fantastic post! Love the analysis bud! Here's my quick picks:

Divisional Series:
    PHI Over STL in 4
    MIL Over ARZ in 5
    NYY Over DET in 5
    TB Over TEX in 5

Championship Series:
    PHI Over MIL in 6
    TB Over NYY in 7

World Series:
    PHI Over TB in 5

Rob

Comment

Ogando is pitching 4 times for Texas in the ALCS!

Comment

Working...
      X