How do you organize your Trade cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you organize your Trade cards

I have my wants listed by Year, Set & Card Number. What I'm interested in is how you have your trade cards organized,

Do you have them listed By:
    Year, Set & Number
    By Team
    By Player
    Or a combination of the above listed methods
    Maybe you have a completely different approach

What is your set up and why do you do it that way

Any input or advice will be appreciated

tx bob
    UD Baseball MASTER SET Collector!! I need 1 copy of every BB card UD made. My want list is far from complete. LMK what you have & what you want

I sort my trade cards by team pictured for the veterans and current team for the rookies and prospects. I do this because I know how collectors like players in their teams uniforms for their PCs, but there also might be a prospect that was included in a trade during the season that they now want to collect no matter what team he started with because those are his only cards available. I mainly list my cards by sets and sub-sets when I have a thread for that particular product, but with a lot of threads, comes a lot of clutter and keeping up with lists. The CTRL+F function is your best friend if you want people to search an expansive tradelist though. Here is an example. Mark Melancon and Jordan Schafer were acquired by the Astros, but appear in the uniforms in parenthesis. I also add the card numbers, so if I come across someone looking for a certain set or sub-sets, I can easily check their wantlists against my haves.

Houston Astros
    2009 Topps 206 Mark Melancon RC-#104 (Yankees)
    2009 Topps 206 Jordan Schafer RC-#117 (Braves)
    2010 Bowman Chrome Draft Prospects Purple Refractors Mike Foltynewicz-#BDPP71
    2010 Bowman Platinum Prospects J.D. Martinez-#PP23
    2011 Bowman Platinum Emerald Hunter Pence-#64
    2011 Topps Chrome Brett Wallace RC-#203
    2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Brian Bogusevic RC-#119
    2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Wandy Rodriguez-#268
    2011 Topps Pro Debut Blue Jiovanni Mier #ed 154/309-#156
    Last edited by YankeeCollector; 10-19-2011, 12:41 AM.

Comment

i have mine seperated into years then into brand then into base insert and rookie. but im young and still have a small collection so its easy for me!
      photo bucket (new)
      http://s1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee395/maxscudder/

trade list
      http://community.cardboardconnection...rade-sell.html

Comment

My GU/Autos are sorted by sport only.

My base and such is all starting to get organized by team. Pictured on the card. Or whatever them they were drafted by if rookie cards in no uni. But, it is all a work in progress as I have so much stuff, I am trying to get it all in order. And that in itself takes quite a while.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
        Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
        Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
        MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
        NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
        NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
        NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
        I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

My base and inserts are unsorted...too many to do at this point

My GU and Autos are in a spreadsheet sorted by player name first...easily sortable if need be. have started toying with going through and putting the team pictured in a column as well for the team collectors out there
          Not looking for anything specific, just whatever catches my eye, but I am partial to Chicago Cubs, David Wright, Jim Palmer, Miguel Cabrera, and Yao Ming

My Bucket

Comment

For me, the best way to describe how I organize my collection would be poorly.
            Baseball Writer for Cardboard Connection
            EastTexasSportsCards.com
            Follow on Twitter: @ETsportscards

Comment

I organize them by:

1st - Sorting them into sport.
              2nd - Sorting them into type of card (autograph, memorabilia card, insert/parallels, and rookies)
              3rd - And if I have the time, I sort them alphabetically by player.
              Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X