Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athletics Trade Gio Gonzalez to the Nationals

Nationals To Acquire Gio Gonzalez: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

The Athletics will send Gio Gonzalez to the Nationals for A.J. Cole, Derek Norris, Brad Peacock and Tom Milone, ESPN.com's Keith Law reports (on Twitter).
    --
    Great haul by the A's. Don't see this going well for the Nationals.

I hear Peacock is the centerpiece of this trade, but AJ Cole could be the biggest loss by the Nationals. Not sure I'd make this trade if I were the Nationals, but it's not like the A's are really going to do anything except trade these guys away later.
    I collect these guys (please PM me):

Roy Halladay: 241/3731 = 6.46%
    Please PM me if you have any low #ed 2010 Bowman Chrome refractors of Halladay (#180)!!!
    Hunter Morris: 55/119 = 46.22%
    Looking for low #ed 2011 Bowman Chrome refractors of Morris

Comment

Nats are definitely trying to make a splash. They did give up a lot for Gio, but sometimes prospects are just that - prospects. You see trades like when the Tigers got Cabrera - turned out well for them. (Just don't bring up the trade when the Expos let go of Cliff Lee, Brandon Phillips, and Grady Sizemore for Bartolo Colon).
      Last edited by ucffans; 12-22-2011, 11:09 PM.
      Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
      Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
      Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Really the Nationals???

Comment

They wanted the Tigers farm for him plus everyday starters and they settle for trash prospects from the Nats

Comment

Originally posted by buylowsellhigh View Post
            They wanted the Tigers farm for him plus everyday starters and they settle for trash prospects from the Nats
            Trash prospects? The A's got three quality arms, I would say Oakland did very well on this deal.
            http://condition-sensitive.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
            X