Jorge Posada Makes It Official Announces Retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jorge Posada Makes It Official Announces Retirement

Georgeeeee will be missed. I love what he has meant to the organization. I admire how he has dealt with his sons craniosynostosis.

Wishing him well and thank him for the 5 titles he helped bring to the Yankees. He was my favorite of the corp 4

Flanked by his wife and children, with five World Series trophies sitting on a table to his right, Jorge Posada announced his retirement Tuesday.

With Rivera and CC Sabathia looking on, Posada began by quoting Joe DiMaggio: “I want to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee.”

“I could never wear another uniform,” he said. “I will forever be a Yankee.”

Posada's voice broke up, especially when he spoke in Spanish. He thanked his teammates, rubbing his chin three times and wiping his eyes.

"Hopefully you won't miss me that much," he said.

Diana Munson, wife of the late Yankees catcher Thurman Munson, spoke about how Posada helped revive her interest in baseball, which had disappeared after her husband's death.

"I think he and Thurman definitely would have been best buds," she said.

After 17 seasons and 5 titles, Posada retires - MLB - Yahoo! Sports

After 17 seasons and 5 titles, Posada retires
    Last edited by wheeler281; 01-24-2012, 02:13 PM.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

I enjoyed him the most also out of the corp 4. A very humble player, awesome clutch hitter.
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

humble fits perfect

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

I never minded Posada (seemed like a good guy based on media reports on him)....just had to ignore him cause of what team he was on.......

Currently looking for:
        Football: The Gronk!
        Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
        Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
        + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
        Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
        http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

Good all around decent and respectable baseball player. He was a class act.

Comment

He was a true Yankee and just played the game and never complained, he will be missed. I think this is the beginning of the retirements for the Yanks.
            I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
            X