Surprises & Disappointments So Far For 2012 MLB Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crackinwax View Post
    I'd say it's fairly safe to say that I'm very disappointed with the Twins' season this year. I had them pegged for 3rd in the AL Central, not for dead last in the entire MLB. Let's hope it doesn't end that poorly.
    twinkies wont finish there, gardy wont let them. next year though they will win it by at least 10 games.
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Originally posted by tndcollectables View Post
      twinkies wont finish there, gardy wont let them. next year though they will win it by at least 10 games.

Comment

It will be interesting in a few weeks when the regular season is over and list some of the stats some players had. I will post some stuff up at that time.

Comment

What about the Angels with the exception of one or two bright spots.
          U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
          http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
          Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
          Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

With 11 games left in the season, the Pirates are 3 games under .500 with a record of 74-77. They would need to win 7 of their final 11 games to avoid their 20th consecutive season. I don't see that happening.

Comment

How about those "BIRDS" ??????? Last year - last in the A L EAST with a total of 69 wins. This year - 92 wins with three games left, tied with the Yankees for 1st in the A L EAST and with the 2nd best W-L RECORD in the A L !!!!!! Also, they are in the PLAYOFFS and STILL have a shot at WINNING the A L EAST !!!!!!! Hopefully, their success will continue and they will make it to the WORLD SERIES.

And how about those NATIONALS, they are also in the PLAYOFFS !!!!! Hopefully, their success will continue and they will make it to the WORLD SERIES.

It would be GREAT to have a "BELTWAY" World Series!!!

Who would have thought the "BIRDS" & the "NATS" would BOTH make the PLAYOFFS in 2012 ?? Buck Showalter & Davey Johnson, BOTH should get MANAGER OF THE YEAR AWARDS for 2012.

GOOD LUCK "BIRDS" & "NATS" in the playoffs, hope BOTH of you make it to the 2012 WORLD SERIES !!!!!!!

The main items Im looking to trade for are
              Baseball HOFers Autos I need
              Orioles Autos I need
              Baseball HOFers GU I need
              Orioles GU I need
              Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
              However other offers will be considered

Comment

Shoutout to the Pirates on being 15 games over .500 before finishing the season under .500 for the 68th straight year!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                Johnson/Mears/
                Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                  Shoutout to the Pirates on being 15 games over .500 before finishing the season under .500 for the 68th straight year!
                  Baseball doesn't matter in Pittsburgh, unless they are in first place, did you forget that?

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                    That's funny but you're off by 48 years.

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                      Baseball doesn't matter in Pittsburgh, unless they are in first place, did you forget that?
                      No sport matters in Pittsburgh unless they're good. No one down there cared about the Penguins until Cindy and Malkin came along.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                      Johnson/Mears/
                      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Since it is season end, here are the surprises.

How good the Orioles and Nationals played.

How good Mike Trout played despite playing in the Minor Leagues the first month of the season.

Edwin Encarnacion - 42 Home Runs and 110 RBIs

Josh Willingham - 35 Home Runs and 110 RBIs

Chris Davis - 33 Home Runs

A.J. Pierzynski - 27 Home Runs

Chase Headley - 31 Home Runs and 115 RBIs (Led NL)

Alfonso Soriano - 32 Home Runs and 108 RBIs

Adam LaRoche - 33 Home Runs and 100 RBIs

Gio Gonzalez - 21 Wins and 2.89 ERA

R.A. Dickey - 20 Wins, 230 Ks, and 2.73 ERA

Lance Lynn - 18 Wins

A.J. Burnett - 16 Wins

Aroldis Chapman - 38 Saves and 1.51 ERA

Jim Johnson - 51 Saves

Fernando Rodney - 48 Saves and 0.60 ERA

Matt Harrison - 18 Wins

Comment

The 2012 MLB season was interesting from game one right through game 162, hopefully the playoffs will be the same. At the beginning of the season who would have expected the "BIRDS" to be an A L EAST contender from beginning to end, or make the playoffs, or get 93 wins ??? Who would have expected the Nationals to have the best W-L record in baseball ??? Who'd have expected R A Dickey to win 20 games ? or Gio Gonzalez to win 21 ? or Miguel Cabrera to win the TRIPLE CROWN ? or that the A's would win the A L WEST ? or that the Angels, after picking up Pujols, wouldn't make the playoffs ? or the MASSIVE trade during the season between the Dodgers and Red Sox? or that the Red Sox would end up in the basement of the A L EAST?

I'm looking forward to the playoffs starting tomorrow. Hopefully the "Birds' will get by Texas, and start heading towards the W S. I'll really like to see the "Birds" & Nationals in the 2012 W S, two teams that at the beginning of the season very few, if any, had any idea that they'd be in the playoffs and have a shot at the 2012 W S. The 2012 season has been very very very entertaining.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
                          Baseball HOFers Autos I need
                          Orioles Autos I need
                          Baseball HOFers GU I need
                          Orioles GU I need
                          Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
                          However other offers will be considered

Comment

I think Jason Motte's and Craig Kimbrel's league leading 42 saves are a bigger surprise than Chapman's mere 38 saves.

Kyle Lohse had a career high 16 wins and Lance Lynn had 18. Even bigger is that Chris Carpenter pitched again this season.

How about the Cardinals, with a rookie manager, and without Pujols, are in the playoffs with a shot at #12 in 12? And the Angels aren't!
                            Last edited by jwgreen68; 10-04-2012, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Angels would be on my disappointments list. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
                                I think Jason Motte's and Craig Kimbrel's league leading 42 saves are a bigger surprise than Chapman's mere 38 saves.

Kyle Lohse had a career high 16 wins and Lance Lynn had 18. Even bigger is that Chris Carpenter pitched again this season.

How about the Cardinals, with a rookie manager, and without Pujols, are in the playoffs with a shot at #12 in 12? And the Angels aren't!
                                Yes, the bolded part is surprising to me, since Matheny is well...not very good, lol

Comment

Working...
                                X