Bobby Valentine Takes Jab At Kevin Youkilis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Valentine Takes Jab At Kevin Youkilis

BOSTON -- Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine in a television interview on Sunday questioned the commitment of third baseman Kevin Youkilis, a comment that could potentially strain his relationship with the three-time All-Star.

BOSTON -- Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine in a television interview on Sunday questioned the commitment of third baseman Kevin Youkilis, a comment that could potentially strain his relationship with the three-time All-Star.

"I don't think he's as physically or emotionally into the game as he has been in the past for some reason,'' said Valentine, speaking in the dugout before Sunday's game and shown on WHDH-TV's SportsXTra. "But [on Saturday] it seemed, you know, he's seeing the ball well, got those two walks, got his on-base percentage up higher than his batting average, which is always a good thing, and he'll move on from there."
    --

I'm suprised out of that entire team he'd call out Youkilis. Valentine is clearly out of touch with todays game, and the fact Pedroia (the team leader) took a hard stance towards supporting his teammate is telling.

I'd be shocked if Valentine is the manager next season.

I agree! I think he is definitely clueless as to what he is doing with this team.. Completely out of touch!
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

They only gave Bobby Valentine a two year deal, so you knew it was going to be a trial run in the first place. He needs to realize that most of the people he has criticized this year have World Series rings, some of which were won against him, aka (Derek Jeter in the Subway Series), so they must be doing something right.

Comment

The only thing I remember about Valentine is when he was the Mets manager, he got kicked out and then came back to watch the game in disguise. LOL!

Comment

Working...
        X