Umpire Rob Drake Leads Tigers to a 6-2 Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umpire Rob Drake Leads Tigers to a 6-2 Loss

The Detroit Tigers lost to the New York Yankees today 6-2.

Max Scherzer's numbers did not look very good today, and it was unfortunate that umpire Rob Drake had 2 different strike zones and changed the flow of the game. Scherzer gave up a career high 7 walks in 4 and 2/3rds innings and gave up 3 runs. 2 of those runs shouldn't of scored because the inning should've been over, but again, Rob Drake just didn't want that to happen.

The Tigers had trouble doing much to Sabathia today, which can be contributed to Rob Drake having the 2 different strike zone's, but Prince Fielder got the Tigers on the board in the 4th inning with his 3rd home run on the season.

The Tigers came back in the 6th inning down 3-1 and started with a single by Brennan Boesch. Miguel Cabrera was next and hit a RBI double. However, the Tigers lineup is only 4 guys deep today, so the threat was over.

Luke Putkonen made his major league debut with the bases loaded and was able to get Curtis Granderson out to end the inning and keep the score 3-1. Putkonen allowed 2 runs to score in the 7th inning though and made it a 5-2 game which was just to much for the Tigers to overcome today.

The Tigers open a home series tommorow with the Kansas City Royals as Duane Below makes his first start of the season against Luke Hochevar.

Follow us on Twitter: @FearTheShadow

More...

I love the title of this thread.

Comment

Where's wheeler when you need him....he'd LOVE this thread lol

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

The Cardinals had 2 blind umpires in their series against the Cubs.

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
          Where's wheeler when you need him....he'd LOVE this thread lol
          I'm just stating the truth.

Comment

LMAO, The Detroit media need to hire you! Blaming umpires is great.
            Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
            Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
            Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
            Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by JesRey View Post
              LMAO, The Detroit media need to hire you! Blaming umpires is great.
              1st time in 21 games...I'm on pace to only blame them 8 times. I call it progress.

Comment

Comment

It happens a lot when the Yankees play at home. For some reason, umpires at Yankee stadium often make most calls in favor of the home team. The best example goes back to the mid/late '90's when that 12/13 year old Mier puts his glove over the right field wall (during a playoff game), catches the ball, brings it into the stands. The O's outfielder was positioned and ready to attempt to catch the ball. The UMPIRE called it a HOME RUN for Jeter. REPLAY after REPLAY it was very evident that the fan had caught the ball before it was over the wall, and it was very evident the outfielder would have had a chance in doing so had the fan not reached over and brought it into the stands. So, when a visiting team plays at Yankee Stadium they are ofter playing against more than nine at a time.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
                  Baseball HOFers Autos I need
                  Orioles Autos I need
                  Baseball HOFers GU I need
                  Orioles GU I need
                  Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
                  However other offers will be considered

Comment

I guess whever the Tigers lose its either the other team is cheating or the ump's throwing the game,right Dan?

Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X