Tigers Offense Shut Down Once Again in a 4-1 Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tigers Offense Shut Down Once Again in a 4-1 Loss

The Detroit Tigers lost to the Pittsburgh Pirates today 4-1.

The Tigers offense once again struggled today, getting their first hit from Ramon Santiago in the 6th inning.

Miguel Cabrera got the Tigers on the board in the 7th inning with a solo home run; It's his 15th of the season and cut the lead to 3-1.

Max Scherzer's day was done after 6 innings. He gave up 3 runs on 3 hits, walked 1 and struck out 7. All things considered for Scherzer, it was a solid outing.

The Tigers bullpen ended up giving up another run, and despite an effort in the 9th inning to get back into the game, the efforts fell short and the Tigers lost again.

Justin Verlander (7-4 2.57 ERA) starts the series finale for the Tigers tommorrow as he takes on Kevin Correia (3-6 4.12 ERA).

Follow us on Twitter: @FearTheShadow

More...

Even more impressive was the fact Scherzer did this with a heavy heart with his brother having died. Great win for the Tigers and good for Max for getting through this tough time.

Comment

Originally posted by leiber88 View Post
      Even more impressive was the fact Scherzer did this with a heavy heart with his brother having died. Great win for the Tigers and good for Max for getting through this tough time.
      I was shocked that he actually was able to pitch. No idea how he had the strength to do so after what he's gone through the past few days.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the loss of his brother. Everyone reacts different in cases like that. On a women's church softball team that I was coaching years ago, our pitcher lost her father on our game day. Fives minutes, or so, before we took the field and trying to figure who would pitch (no one else had experience or wanted to) she showed up. She felt the need to be around friends, and playing the game with her friends would help her. Maybe he is similar.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
        Baseball HOFers Autos I need
        Orioles Autos I need
        Baseball HOFers GU I need
        Orioles GU I need
        Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
        However other offers will be considered

Comment

Working...
        X