Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twins Trade Francisco Liriano To White Sox

White Sox get LHP Liriano from Twins - Yahoo! Sports

Odd that Twins traded within their old division. Liriano is similar to Dontrelle. Started career on a super high note and went from downhill after injuries.

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) -- The surprising Chicago White Sox have made a move to stay on top of the AL Central, acquiring left-hander Francisco Liriano from division rival Minnesota Twins on Saturday night.

The Twins will receive infielder Eduardo Escobar and lefty prospect Pedro Hernandez. The White Sox tweeted the news after the Twins beat the Cleveland Indians and Chicago won in Texas.

LOL. Can't wait to see him implode in Chicago

Comment

yeah he is good 1 out of every 3 or 4 outings. However maybe a change will do him good

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
        yeah he is good 1 out of every 3 or 4 outings. However maybe a change will do him good
        You'd think that, but he's going from Minneosta (a pitchers park) to Chicago (a hitters park).

Comment

agreed and I am with you it probably won't work. However worst to 1st does wonders. Also leaving cowtown for chitown would motivate me lol

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
            LOL. Can't wait to see him implode in Chicago
            i cant believe ure taking a dump all over the skills of pitching coach Don Cooper lol

Comment

Originally posted by chris_brown View Post
              i cant believe ure taking a dump all over the skills of pitching coach Don Cooper lol
              He's a great pitching coach, but I doubt he can get Liriano to consistently throw strikes.

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                He's a great pitching coach, but I doubt he can get Liriano to consistently throw strikes.
                look at the benefits Cooper's been to Peavy between injuries,that should count for something,no? lol and besides,who knows what a fresh perspective Cooper can provide will do for Liriano for the rest of the season?

Comment

Working...
                X