Anibal Sanchez Pitches Well in a Tigers 1-0 Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anibal Sanchez Pitches Well in a Tigers 1-0 Loss

The Detroit Tigers lost to the Kansas City Royals tonight 1-0.

The Tigers struggled to get much going and were down 1-0 heading to the top of the 7th inning, but Miguel Cabrera led the inning off with a double, then advanced to 3rd base on a fly ball from Prince Fielder. Delmon Young was next and was hit-by-the-pitch, then Jhonny Peralta came up with runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out, but struck out, and Jeff Baker (of course) failed to get a 2 out hit, and it remained a 1-0 game.

Anibal Sanchez pitched pretty well tonight. He threw 7 innings, giving up 1 run on 7 hits and had 1 strikeout.

Octavio Dotel came in for relief and pitched a scoreless 8th inning.

Andy Dirks led the 9th inning off with a single, and Miguel Cabrera hit a line drive towards left-center field, but a diving catch most likely saved a run. Prince Fielder came up next and hit a single. Delmon Young was up next, and struck out on a hanging slider. Atleast it wasn't a slider away in the dirt this time I suppose? Jhonny Peralta was the last chance for the Tigers, but struck out to end the game.

The Tigers finish their series with the Royals tommorrow as Rick Porcello (9-9 4.60 ERA) takes on Jeremy Guthrie (5-12 5.71 ERA).

Picture credit: zimbio.com
    Follow us on Twitter: @FearTheShadow

More...

really suprised at the way the tigers are struggling this year. thought for sure they would have walked away with the twins struggling.
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

And again today, though they failed to do so last night, the "BIRDS" helped the Tigers (as well as themselves) with a 5-3 win against the White Sox. The "Birds" won 3 of the 4 in the series with the White Sox. Hopefully, they will play as well, if not better, this weekend against the Yankees.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
      Baseball HOFers Autos I need
      Orioles Autos I need
      Baseball HOFers GU I need
      Orioles GU I need
      Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
      However other offers will be considered

Comment

Working...
      X