Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fraud sports memorabilia dealer Bradley Wells tells FBI prominent card companies knew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraud sports memorabilia dealer Bradley Wells tells FBI prominent card companies knew

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/c...-fbi-interview

So the BV of game-used cards go from $5 to like $2 lol.
    Last edited by B.I.G.Poppa; 09-14-2012, 09:28 PM.
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

I can see a huge class action lawsuit for fraud. The card manufacturers aren't the big losers here. The customer who bought these cards under the impression that they contained an authentic piece of game used material are. Someone has to be financially responsible for what are now worthless cards.

Comment

Cardboard Connection's own Paul Lesko was the one who originally dug up the document: Card Companies Named by Defendant in FBI Interview on Fake Memorabilia

Although public, it had not been discovered or reported on by anyone until Paul dug it up.
      Editor, The Cardboard Connection

Want to trade?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info. Someone has to be held accountable. If the card manufacturers knew, then wouldn't that make them guilty? I'm sure they will seek damages from the perpetrators of the original fraud. Maybe it's best to hire an attorney and let him sort it out. Ive purchased thousands of dollars worth of game used cards of Pujols. If those idiots felt pressure to provide Jeter game used memorabilia then the pressure had to be more intense for Pujols. This really stains the hobby. If anyone is interested in a class action lawsuit, give me a yell.

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
          Thanks for the info. Someone has to be held accountable. If the card manufacturers knew, then wouldn't that make them guilty? I'm sure they will seek damages from the perpetrators of the original fraud. Maybe it's best to hire an attorney and let him sort it out. Ive purchased thousands of dollars worth of game used cards of Pujols. If those idiots felt pressure to provide Jeter game used memorabilia then the pressure had to be more intense for Pujols. This really stains the hobby. If anyone is interested in a class action lawsuit, give me a yell.
          It's hard for me to swallow that Topps knew & accepted this kind of stuff to go on. Topps has been a major card company in the sports card area for well over 50 years & are the only company that has an MLB license along with association with the MLBPA. Panini & Upper Deck I can see where they would go along with it. If Topps DID know then that just changes the game all around for most of us collectors.
          sigpic
          I trade by BV
          PC: Longoria, Tulowitzki, Kemp, Pujols, Griffey Jr, Randy Johnson, Chipper Jones, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Giancarlo (Mike) Stanton, Votto, Derek Jeter
          Trade & Sell list: http://southernsportscards.webs.com/
          Bucket: https://www.flickr.com/photos/southe...tscards/albums

Comment

Working...
          X