Topps 2013 Series 1 - The Review!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topps 2013 Series 1 - The Review!

Perhaps I’m one of the last people in the card collecting planet that has even come to grips with the possibility of even thinking about writing a review of this set, but I can deal with that. You see, what good is my cracking of the wax if I can’t at least expound upon my own opinion on what I’ve just cracked, even if it is a little behind the times. Many thoughts and opinions of this set have already been instantly been sputtered out on that tweeting bird site and that other book of faces page. Damn you, sign o’ the times!

That’s fine, though. I’ve already shared some of those instantaneous thoughts in those heavily used places. However, with only a few allotted characters per thought, it’s time for me to flood the wordscape with a seemingly unending monosyllabic vocabulary relating to nothing other than what I think of this year’s Topps flagship.

Now that I’ve wasted two bloated paragraphs telling you what I’m going to do, let’s get down to actually doing it, yeah? OKAY!

As in years past, I am not collecting the flagship set–which consists of 330 base cards. Instead, unlike in years past, I busted through an entire jumbo case of the stuff. Doesn’t sound very logical of a guy not bothering with putting together any sort of set from the product. If you weren’t here for it, the explanation is that I used ’13S1 for my first ever group case break–a successful one at that. I attribute the success to what Topps brought to the table in this year’s iteration of their annual release. The case break is also one of the reasons it’s taken me so long to get to the review.

Another year, another theme. After Diamonds and Gold, Topps has given us something to “Chase.” Continuing with what I assume must have been successful programs in the past, Topps has dotted this year’s flagship with all sorts of interactive things for collectors to get in on. There’s a wrapper redemption, an online code game and even a special LCS redemption program. Topps is even giving collectors the chance to win $1,000,000… all part of “The Chase.”

Ya know, I have a nephew named Chase. This might be a good year to get him hooked on cards.

Anyhow…

CLICK HERE FOR FULL REVIEW--INCLUDES IMAGES OF ALL HITS PULLED
    sigpic
    CURRENT HAPPENINGS: 2013 Topps Triple Threads Charity Case Break
    ALWAYS HAPPENING: Take My Cards! (Free Cards)
    FUTURE HAPPENINGS: Holiday Gift Exchange
    TRADING: Want/Have/FT Lists - Last Updated: 10/1/13 - I collect Twins Prospect/FC/RC AUs
Working...
X