Mike Trout deal: $20K over minimum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Trout deal: $20K over minimum

TEMPE, Ariz. -- The Los Angeles Angels renewed the contract of AL Rookie of the Year Mike Trout for $510,000, prompting an angry response from the outfielder's agent.

Craig Landis said his client was disappointed with the decision announced Saturday. The salary is $20,000 above the major league minimum.

"During the process, on behalf of Mike, I asked only that the Angels compensate Mike fairly for his historic 2012 season, given his service time," Landis said in a statement. "In my opinion, this contract falls well short of a 'fair' contract and I have voiced this to the Angels throughout the process. Nonetheless, the renewal of Mike's contract will put an end [to] this discussion."
    Los Angeles Angels renew Mike Trout at only $20K over minimum - ESPN Los Angeles
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Agent is made since his commission stayed the same. LOL!

Comment

Probably not all about his commission. It may be because it could set a precedent with other teams that have a good rookie who has had a great season, then extend his contract at the league minimum or slightly above. That's a lot of money but for a team that doesn't seem to have a problem shelling out $$$, why low-ball a player like Trout?

I'll still stand by my original thought on Harper and Trout; in 10 years, nobody will even remember Bryce Harpers' name! He's a cocky, arrogant kid who didn't even remotely live up to his hype last season. The ROY was a gift to a player that didn't deserve it but for lack of a better choice, got it. St. Louis' Matt Carpenter had a much better batting average....
      Last edited by jwgreen68; 03-03-2013, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X