Ryan Braun Suspended for Remainder of the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Braun Suspended for Remainder of the Season

Ryan Braun of Milwaukee Brewers suspended for remainder of 2013 season - ESPN

Major League Baseball has suspended Milwaukee Brewers slugger Ryan Braun without pay for the remainder of the 2013 season.

Braun will not contest the suspension which was meted out for "violations of the Basic Agreement and its Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program," according to a statement released by MLB.

"As I have acknowledged in the past, I am not perfect," Braun said in the statement. "I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions. This situation has taken a toll on me and my entire family, and it is has been a distraction to my teammates and the Brewers organization.

"I am very grateful for the support I have received from players, ownership and the fans in Milwaukee and around the country. Finally, I wish to apologize to anyone I may have disappointed -- all of the baseball fans especially those in Milwaukee, the great Brewers organization, and my teammates. I am glad to have this matter behind me once and for all, and I cannot wait to get back to the game I love."

The suspension totals the final 65 games of the Brewers' season and any potential postseason games this year.

He got off to easy.. I heard a-roids looking at a ban from baseball..
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Braun got off easy. He slandered the good reputation of a man in the process(Laurenzi). He should sue Braun for defamation of character.

A-Roid is another piece of garbage. A lifetime ban isn't even justice but what else can you do?

Comment

"Suspension of 65 games plus the potential of any postseason games".

Comment

what about the "others" on that long list of users?
          Randy
          United States Air Force, Retired
          ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
          balance of life, an individual diagnosed
          with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Originally posted by ranbethscards View Post
            what about the "others" on that long list of users?
            MLB will get them soon enough. Braun put a big target on his back after the 2011 failed drug test then refusing to speak with league officials a few weeks back. MLB is beyond setting an example now; the spit has hit the fan, don't get caught in the splatter zone.

Comment

Comment

How long before Topps comes out with a Ryan Braun Game Used Syringe card?

Comment

Glad to hear he is finally getting some of what he deserves!
                  Collecting Kentucky Wildcats Basketball Autographs

Comment

I think Braun deserves the guillotine!

Comment

Working...
                    X