Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs Trade Alfonso Soriano To Yankees

Y! SPORTS

NEW YORK (AP) -- Alfonso Soriano took one look around Yankee Stadium and broke into a big, familiar smile.

''This is my house, this is my home,'' he said. ''I'm happy I have the opportunity to come back to New York - 10 years.''

The New York Yankees reacquired Soriano in a trade with the Chicago Cubs on Friday, hoping the seven-time All-Star can provide a power boost to a team that desperately needs pop.

Soriano went 0 for 5, scored a run and drove in one while batting cleanup in a 10-6 loss to Tampa Bay. He flied out with the bases loaded to end the third inning, then grounded into a forceout with the bases loaded in the ninth.

''It's a good day for me today to have a chance to put on the uniform again,'' he said.

''I hope we have a better chance tomorrow,'' he said. ''It's a tough day tonight.''

Soriano did more with his glove, catching a fly to start the game, making a throw to help nail a runner and running down a foul ball. It was the first time he played outfield for the Yankees.

''It's a little different, because, in the old one, I used to play second base. In the new one, I play left field now,'' he said.

The Cubs got minor league pitcher Corey Black and will send almost $17.7 million to the Yankees to cover much of Soriano's rich contract.

Retirement Center!

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
      Retirement Center!
      Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Working...
      X