Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Sox Sign Jose Abreu To 6 Year $68 Million Contract

Y! SPORTS

CHICAGO (AP) -- A person familiar with the situation says Cuban slugger Jose Abreu has agreed to a six-year, $68 million contract with the Chicago White Sox.

The person spoke Friday on the condition of anonymity because the deal was pending a physical. Several outlets had earlier reported the agreement.

The 6-foot-3, 250-pound Abreu could play first base or serve as the designated hitter. He batted .360 (9-for-25) with three home runs and nine RBIs at the World Baseball Classic last spring, and he defected over the summer.

Abreu joins a team that went 63-99 after finishing second in the AL Central. The White Sox batted .249 with just 148 homers, down from 211 the previous year.

With Adam Dunn and Abreu in the mix, there might not be room for Paul Konerko.

Is it just me or has Paul Konerko had the quietest 17 year career in MLB history? 434 hr/1390 rbi's should be worth a shout out at least, just a thought.........

Comment

This is another losing move for the White Sox!

Comment

$68M deal for someone that hasn't played in the majors is idiotic in my opinion.

Why spend that much on 1 player?
        Do they think they will be contenders next year? LMAO
        Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy03 View Post
          Is it just me or has Paul Konerko had the quietest 17 year career in MLB history? 434 hr/1390 rbi's should be worth a shout out at least, just a thought.........
          I try to draft him on my fantasy league every year! Very consistent and soooo underappreciated!
          Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
          Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
          Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Originally posted by thebighurt035 View Post
            $68M deal for someone that hasn't played in the majors is idiotic in my opinion.

Why spend that much on 1 player?
            Do they think they will be contenders next year? LMAO
            Bottomfeeders forever!

Comment

What is your thoughts now?? I will gladly take any Jose Abreu cards that you do not need.

Comment

Abreu is surely making this deal pretty sweet looking with his performance so far for the Whitesox.

Comment

Working...
                X